Sign in to follow this  
ke51n

(Playable Teaser) Tom Francis: The Game

https://itch.io/jam/wizard-jam-4/rate/102117

I don't really have time to do a full dev log, but I figured I would post an intro at least. 

Tom Francis is an international and space superspy. As Agent Francis, you have to infiltrate office buildings in space. You start armed with only a grappling hook, which will allow you to grapple into walls and ceilings, and slam into people. You can steal outfits and weapons as well. Between and possibly mid-mission, you may receive messages from your artist for the game you are making as a cover. (Based on the Tom Francis episode of Tone Control)

That said, who knows what I will actually be able to finish. The game will be made in Gamemaker. My friend may help me with some coding. I will be doing the art and some coding. I realize my plan is way overscoped for two weeks, so I will probably make a simplified version without animations, sounds etc. I hope to be able to have two working levels by the end of this jam. If people are interested in the game and if it's fun to play, I might continue working on it for a few months after the jam to polish it up a bit.

(oh yeah, if Mr. Francis sees this: I'm sorry. This is probably really wierd.)

Interesting! Sounds super fun, can't wait to see it come together! 

2 hours ago, nkornek said:

So it's Tom Francis's Gunpoint starring Tom Francis?

In space! Like Heat Signature. With a hint of Hitman. I just felt like that guy likes 2D stealth games.

So it's Tom Francis: The Game, Starring: Tom Francis's Gunpoint in Tom Francis's Heat Signature. I love all those things!

I played it and left a rating+comment through the itch app, but I'm not sure where those comments show up. Anyhow, I liked it! The game's approach to conflict resolution is very appropriate of the eponymous Francis.