Sign in to follow this  
Chris

Idle Weekend November 5, 2016: Marathon Time!

Idle Weekend November 5, 2016:

1016__header.jpg

Marathon Time!

A very tired Danielle and a Halloween-spirited Rob come together to discuss marathon gaming. Nothing is finer (or more rare) than this most exquisite of pleasures: the ability to sink hours and hours into an all-encompassing game. Whether discussing a 72-hour smorgasbord or a dedicated session with The Last of Us, the Weekenders praise the virtues of endurance gaming.

Discussed: The Last of Us, Harvester, BioShock, Saints Row, Europa Universalis IV, Luke Cage, post-season baseball, Ten Percent Happier (book), Sherlock Holmes: Consulting Detective

OH MAN. I love Anodyne so much. I try to sell it to people all the time but they never listen. ):

I had no idea about their new game existing. I will be playing it as soon as I possibly can! (I was hoping that'd be today but it's not actually out yet!)

wow such a tease to tag sherlock holmes consulting detective in the show notes

Ten Percent Happier is a great read and was what got me into meditation about a year ago. With regard to meditation and personality, I don't think meditation changes your personality so much as lets you observe and accept it with equanimity. Not that you can't change as a person but its similar to starting a couch to 5k running practice and being worried that you'll be running marathons and won't recognize yourself anymore. Its a lot like exercise in that regard, sure you could change as a person if you are more mindful or healthier but nothing about it requires that you do.

Harvester!

I never actually played this, and judging from Danielle's description that's probably for the best.