Sign in to follow this  
manny_c44

Owlboy!

Anybody playing this? After two hours I'll say this: it feels great to control and is just so so polished. An indie game that just kept polishing itself for a decade! Lovely illustration and animation. It has really sucked me in so far.

Gameplay and story so far are pretty basic though, I'm not sure what to expect on this front.

No responses? Really? I knew it was too good to be true that someone wanted to talk about a not Steam exclusive, non-console game. B)

Well, I'm pretty far in the game, and after a phase of absolute delight that lasted the first six hours or so, the game now seems to be a series of annoying and next to impossible boss fights, which is really not what I've bought it for.

Nonetheless, the graphics are fantastic, I love the characters, the music is infinitely well done and there's not just a lot of it, there are even some interactive music elements too. The story is more or less Mass Effect put in a mixer, which is cute, but really not what the game is about that much. :P

I'd really like to play this but it seems to be Windows-only at the moment. :sad: I'm hoping it'll come to Mac or Playstation at some point. I have no idea what it's about but the art looks unspeakably gorgeous.

Also, in a weird twist, the official twitter account of noted beef-monger Arby's was very excited about the game.

Cool.

I think it's unlikely it'll come to Mac, as IIRC it is made in XNA (?!!!). It's unfortunate, but hilariously apt, considering the time it began its development.

This is part of the latest Humble Indie bundle: is it worth picking up, friends?