dibs

Winter Jam Along with dibs and Friends 2: The Unseeing Game Dev Choir, Conducted by dibs

Winter Jam Along with dibs and Friends 2: The Unseeing Game Dev Choir, Conducted by dibs

My idea generation and asset collection has started and holy poop you people are amazing! 

Just FYI, i will send you as many short questions or decisions as i can, but you will only have to work on one asset at a time, and everyone will get the same amount. If you can't or won't do something then no probs, just let me know and i'll move down the list. 

Anyone else who wants in just hollar! There is plenty of jobs to go around:D

Homework before end of jam:
Supply me a handmade image of your face with dimension of around 300pixels in height. .png with transparent background.

So, i'm looking for signups for people to help make (one of) my wiz jam games with.

You will all by my instruments and i will play you all.

Also, you won't have any idea what anyone else is contributing, because it is all secret.

Remember when you were a kid and you drew half a man on a piece of paper, folded it over and gave it to your sister to complete without her seeing it? Imagine that, but game dev.

dibs needs:

• People

dibs will provide:

• Programming in GameMaker
  • Coordination of tasks
  • Randomization of tasks

dibs will not:

• Judge you
  • Judge your contributions
  • Make meaningful decisions

People will provide:

• Ideas
  • Verbs
  • Songs
  • Art
  • Answers
  • Decisions
  • Love
  • Sound effects
  • Everything
  • Story Points

People will not:

• Learn what all this is about until the very end
  • Share their contributions with anyone but dibs until the very end
  • Be worried that their contributions are not good enough. Remember how fun it was to open up that silly drawing? The more different it was the better. I was this to be awful, because by being awful it will be the best. If you reallllly don't want to contribute a certain type of something then that is ok, but i'll ask everyone to keep themselves as open as possible.
  • Keep me waiting

I probably will judge you.

Update! 

Victims so far

• SuperBiasedMan
  • atte
  • sucks2Bme
  • Vasari
  • Gorbles
  • gerbilsinspace
  • Mythalore
  • jutranjo
  • Rilen
  • jennegatron
  • kevin888
  • Travis
  • Ben X
  • Lu
  • phill
  • Jake
  • BigJKO
  • oddjumper
  • ratamero
  • toblix
  • elvaq
  • Nappi
  • skamakazi
  • WickedCestus

Homework:
Supply me a handmade image of your face with dimension of around 300pixels in height and not too wide. .png with a transparent background please. 
PM stuff to me on slack or here. 

I can't get rid of this box. halp

I'm interested! What level of art are you expecting? I could do some but I wouldn't want to be too involved since I'll be (trying to) make my own game.

I don't care how terrible it is.

Music can be you farting into a phone for all i care.

Get your children to do the art.

Sounds cool, it's a little DibsJam inside the WizJam. And like the famous documentary Inception demonstrated, time moves slower in these kind of nested things so everyone has time to participate (in other words, I will do something).

Just to be clear, i will be asking you all for all and any of the things listed. Someone, lets call him toblix (the last letter is replaced with an x for anonymity) though i was only going to be asking for one of them. You should be so lucky.

I am happy to donate my worn soul to the Cause™.

Happy to help mull over any programming Problems that may crop up? Iunno. I can do pixel-based art. I'm great at ideas. So great most people tell me to shut up. If that's not a qualification, I don't know what is!

45 minutes ago, Jutranjo said:

Could I maybe send you random code snippets?

Yes!

Gamemaker. Though if you just want to do pseudocode i can adapt for my own code.

I'll be asking you questions in English, so i hope you respond in English:P

I'll help you out like the pal I am, dibs! (That means in by the way)