darthbator

Battlerite : A teamfight only Lords Manager

So I've fallen pretty hard for battlerite, the game you would probably logically think of when you hear "multiplayer online battle arena". No lanes, no jungle, no items, no creeps just a battle arena where multiple players battle their lords. I think the game does a pretty amazing job at synthesizing the team fight phase of games like League or Dota2 into it's own game. In between rounds you choose from 3 different "battlerites" that power up one of your characters skills, a super neat way to encapsulate the progression mechanics in traditional Lords Managements. It's in early access now (19.99 gets you access and all the heroes they ever release). 

I've been enjoying the game but I haven't really given it that much. I feel a bunch of pressure to always be on my game so I like to devote a bunch of time for practice modes before playing a couple of intense fights vs real peeps.

That said this game is so intense that when you are on the ball and doing everything right, there's very little else that gives you as much of a rush. It's like clearing a new best time in Devil Daggers, only you might still have 8 minutes of rounds to go.

If people still aren't sure what this game is, it's also a lot like playing arena bg's in wow.

One of the reasons why the game is so intense is that every time you take more than 40 damage your maximum health pool shrinks until you die :P

I think that method of handling health is a really effective way to limit the power of healers. It does feel a lot like overhead WoW arena (with a more manageable bucket of skills). What's your battlerite name? I'll add you to my friendslist (I'm darthbator over there too!). 

I really really like this game. My Battlerite name is the same as my forum name. One nice thing about this is that it's so fast. You don't need to devote 10 years to a match if you want to play.

I'm Mawd over there too but I'm ungraded and from OCE so playing together might be hard :P

12 hours ago, darthbator said:

I think that method of handling health is a really effective way to limit the power of healers. It does feel a lot like overhead WoW arena (with a more manageable bucket of skills). What's your battlerite name? I'll add you to my friendslist (I'm darthbator over there too!). 

I really liked this too, it's much better pacing than those WoW arena matches, which sometimes included water breaks.

I played the open alpha/beta whatever but I'll wait till it's out of early access/goes F2P I think.