N1njaSquirrel

Idle Santa 2016! - giftees sent out! Please PM me if you didn't get one!

Hey kitty kats! Another year, another most secret of santas.

Last year i got an amazing gift set from the wonderful Dibs. socks, tasty chocolate money (which is now probably more expensive than real money), and a real cute sheep magnet. It was awesome! Much <3 dibbles

Anyways, who's in for more santa this year? As usual, post on this for questions, and PM me to join. I'll update the thread with number counts. I'm closing the entry a tad earlier this year so that we can hopefully get presents sorted by xmas!

Entries are closing on the 27th.

As per usual, rules:

How to enter:

• PM me with your name, Address and country before the 27th November.
  • In the PM, also state if you are up for: shipping (i.e. physical present), international shipping (i.e. present from abroad), digital, or all/mix of the above!
  • Also state any important information like food allergies.
  • If you are wanting a digital present, also include your steam ID/email address.

Rules:

• Present(s) should cost no less than $20 - $25, excluding shipping (note: I have no idea how much international shipping costs, so if this'll cost too much, let me know!)
  • You must be an established forum member to enter (50+ posts). This is to prevent flakey flakers flaking out at the last minuet, meaning someone doesn't get a present and being sad. They'll probably cry. I know I would.

After the 27th, I shall randomly assign people according to their shipping options, and then hopefully people will send off stuff and it'll all be fun and games. You shall get the address of your secret Santa by the 28th/29th Post on this thread what you get! Or don't! (but do)

My quest is to make 50 posts of some value before the entry date closes.
I'm here because of the shout-out on the podcast last week. Keen as.

Also, this is post number 1. It's gonna be a wild ride.

Aww I'm touched! gg on getting those 50 posts! If you're really good, you might not need to make the 50 prerequisite. (but you have to be reeeally good)

Right, all santas should have their giftees now! If you don't, please PM me and I'll sincerely apologise for my royal cock-up and sort something out! :D 

I know that one santa giftee has already received their gifts!! Can we all post in the thread what we got with pictures? I'd like to see! :D

3 hours ago, pabosher said:

I know that one santa giftee has already received their gifts!! Can we all post in the thread what we got with pictures? I'd like to see! :D

That's a me, Mario! Here's a snap of the sweet bounty I hath been given this fine idle santa.

idleSantaGoodies.jpg

An excellent LttP graphic novel, delicious candies, and one of the best OSTs ever. Woo! :D  (Thanks a lot, @pabosher)! :D 

I normally try to wait until Christmas to open these kind of things, but I couldn't restrain myself because I'm a child.

IMG_20161217_142153[1].jpg

I got The Wizard t-shirt, a Shitty Wizard Tetraptych, a signed copy of Moonglow by Michael Chabon, and incredibly delicious home made cookies from @Argobot and @Chris. In the words that Mario says at the end of the level, "Thank you, so nice!"

You have NO IDEA how excited I was when I picked up this package and discovered it was from @dibs! Thank you so much!

Slack for iOS Upload.jpg

My Santa got me a raspberry pie. Genuinely the worst thing I have ever eaten. 1/10. 

(J\k loves it!  Can't wait to play with it when I get back from my parents! Thanks so much:D) 

I got home tonight to find some packages in the lobby! @YoThatLimp sent me some delicious bar cookies called ginger crunches (although some seem to have vanished since the photo was taken, so they're clearly defective). There was also a reverse spherification kit, which I'm looking forward to trying out next week during my vacation time! I'll make sure to post photos of the final product :)

Thank you so much for the awesome gift. Also, some more of the ginger crunches disappeared since the last paragraph for some reason.

IMG_0617.jpg

On 12/26/2016 at 0:28 AM, tabacco said:

I got home tonight to find some packages in the lobby! @YoThatLimp sent me some delicious bar cookies called ginger crunches (although some seem to have vanished since the photo was taken, so they're clearly defective). There was also a reverse spherification kit, which I'm looking forward to trying out next week during my vacation time! I'll make sure to post photos of the final product :)

Thank you so much for the awesome gift. Also, some more of the ginger crunches disappeared since the last paragraph for some reason.

IMG_0617.jpg

Looking forward to checking out what you make, I've done some raspberry and kiwi fruit ravioli and they've turned out interesting! Glad you liked the ginger crunch!

I received a sweet pour over coffee maker and a mug that looks like a Canon 24-70mm lens, totally awesome.

Thanks Sean (not sure of you username)!

20161228_102229.jpg
Sorry for the delay! I received this mysterious package the night before Christmas, and opened it Christmas Day! It's  Twin Peaks cook book! The book is gorgeous, the recipes decadent, and the in-betweeners suitably weird. I can't wait to try the donut recipes and learn how to make spooky owls out of diner napkins. Unfortunately there was no user name! Please let me know who sent this!
20161228_102326.jpg

20161228_102334.jpg

Man, I love my gifts, they are awesome!

I received some Gebrannte Mandeln, which google translate tells me is burnt almonds, which are very tasty. they made their way to me from the Leipzig Christmas Market, which makes me very happy. 

There was also some framable double fine artwork which is pretty sweet, and it will go up in the bedroom with my artwork I received from Secret Santa last year.  

I also received a great fox magnet, which is grafitti in the secret santa's home town, Halle. Here it is with my growing collection of random magnets, including the pope which I got from the Vatican, and a dumb Venician cat that I love.

I received One Bloody Thing After Another by Joey Comeau, which a fantastic comic artist that I read regularly. The book is a comedy / horror mashup, focusing on short stories. 

I also received a nice postcard which I taken a picture of.

Finally, there is a homemade christmas star decoration, which is now hanging up in my kitchen window. I'd have put it up in the main window of the house, but there was nowhere to hang it on, and it is a nice thing to look at while I wash my dishes.

One very good haul, all of which is to my taste. I enjoyed making the Christmas star, diy projects like these are why I gave dibs a raspberry pi.

IMG_20161229_142824.jpg

IMG_20161229_142830.jpg

IMG_20161229_115622.jpg

IMG_20161229_143509.jpg

IMG_20161229_143623.jpg

IMG_20161229_144615.jpg

IMG_20161230_074618.jpg

I love my gifts, they're right up my street. 

I got BOOKS, lots of BOOKS all based around the theme of American history. A novel about the Vietnam war called Tree of Smoke. Sixguns and society, the history of the western. To Drink or not to drink, a book about prohibition with lots of great classic cocktail recipes. And the memoir of Josephine Earp, wife of Wyatt Earp. I also got napkins, which I have currently fashioned in to a western bandit style neckerchief, and really lovely letter typed up on a typewriter. Thanks so much Rilen. 

IMG_20161230_140704346.jpg

You got it! Sorry it was so late, it was one thing after another getting it out. Sorry the napkins aren't nicer, I was mainly using them to make sure things didn't shift around too much. :P

Yeah I assumed that was the case. :) I got really excited when I first opened the package cos I thought you'd sent me a dozen eggs