tabacco

Still newer forum!

41 minutes ago, Ben X said:

THE BASIC SEARCH FUNCTION AUTOMATICALLY DISPLAYS RESULTS AS POSTS NOT JUST THREAD TITLES! YAAAAAAAY!

Also it no longer uses Sphinx, so it should be a little more reliable

On 10/24/2016 at 0:24 PM, clyde said:

Is there a way to go to the earliest last-read comment from mobile? When I click on the thread it takes me to the first page every time.

Edit: found it. I just have to tap the clock. actually that just taked me to the latest post for the most part. But that's good enough.

Clicking no the icon to the left of the thread title takes you to the first unread post in a thread.

hey can I request a "by forum" type filter for the custom stream feature?

https://www.idlethumbs.net/forums/discover/?do=create

The one I'm using was fine before but now its getting flooded with wizard jam stuff and while I'm certainly interested enough to check out some of those titles when the thing is done, I'm not really that bothered about people discussing getting teams together/development.

9 hours ago, juv3nal said:

hey can I request a "by forum" type filter for the custom stream feature?

https://www.idlethumbs.net/forums/discover/?do=create

The one I'm using was fine before but now its getting flooded with wizard jam stuff and while I'm certainly interested enough to check out some of those titles when the thing is done, I'm not really that bothered about people discussing getting teams together/development.

No, because we don't write the forum software, and don't add features to it.

ok fair enough, I thought it might be an admin configurable option is all.

Have to say that I love the new forums!

It's just so easy and fun to use on mobile compared to earlier.

Juvenal, a fairly simple workaround is to go to the forums overview and click the speech bubbles next to a subforum whose threads you're not interested in. It marks all posts in there as read so they don't show up in the unread content stream anymore.

It's not ideal, but better than nothing.

On 10/22/2016 at 8:01 PM, eot said:

Not sure why I don't see that option

44Kq1gE.png

I also do not have the 'Source' option available. Am I doing something wrong?

4 hours ago, osmosisch said:

Juvenal, a fairly simple workaround is to go to the forums overview and click the speech bubbles next to a subforum whose threads you're not interested in. It marks all posts in there as read so they don't show up in the unread content stream anymore.

It's not ideal, but better than nothing.

thanks, that hadn't occurred to me. (on reflection, in case this comes across as sarcasm, it isn't)

Is there any particular reason that only 'Idle Thumbs Episodes' has a special icon? I can be a bit neurotic about this sort of thing

The other ones look like defaults, so they probably just didn't bother/get around to setting icons for the other forums

8 hours ago, Cordeos said:

Is there any particular reason that only 'Idle Thumbs Episodes' has a special icon? I can be a bit neurotic about this sort of thing

I got that far before realizing their custom icon support sucks and will require theme hacking and then didn't continue. I intend to eventually fix it!

I also did it to troll Twig. 

12 hours ago, Jake said:

I got that far before realizing their custom icon support sucks and will require theme hacking and then didn't continue. I intend to eventually fix it!

I also did it to troll Twig. 

lol. owned.

Not sure if this is the right place for a forum suggestion, but have we ever had a "please post in the New People" thread before you can post elsewhere rule? There seems to be a slow drip of randoms who show up just to advertise their paid thing or otherwise not contribute and my impression is that helps cut down on that? It's also nice! People actually read and help out in that thread! 

People who register just to plug something are spam, and should really just be reported so we can deal with them. Asking them to post in a thread first isn't going to stop them, because they're spammers.

My toolbar looks like this.

58939392d09a2_tabularasa.thumb.png.4e4c65d8a2d78180dc141f2b3885ee86.png

At some point it looked like this:

589393c377c0a_tabularasa.thumb.png.17c13dccdd877bbe34c08041074c62f8.png

I asked around the Slack and it seems like some people see the former, some see the latter. The former is pretty incomprehensible (the smiley face is italics, the landscape photo is strikethrough). As far as I can tell, I first saw this last night. Any idea what would cause this?

Hmm yeah, mine is also bad and weird now. Very strange. I gave Doug a heads up about your post.

13 minutes ago, Patrick R said:

My toolbar looks like this.

58939392d09a2_tabularasa.thumb.png.4e4c65d8a2d78180dc141f2b3885ee86.png

At some point it looked like this:

589393c377c0a_tabularasa.thumb.png.17c13dccdd877bbe34c08041074c62f8.png

I asked around the Slack and it seems like some people see the former, some see the latter. The former is pretty incomprehensible (the smiley face is italics, the landscape photo is strikethrough). As far as I can tell, I first saw this last night. Any idea what would cause this?

My toolbar looks the same (mine looks like the second image) but other things are behaving strangely for me.  Threads are being marked as unread even though I've definitely read them.  The format of some posts are weird with the words stretching off the page while other posts fit the window.  It was not like this earlier today.

Perhaps browser issue, or screen size? I was using Firefox earlier and got the smaller tool bar where all the icons did something different then expected.

i like it, let's keep it like that. 

I've opened a ticket with them about the toolbar issue, since it seems to be using the toolbar library's default layout.

I've got a weird issue! I dunno if it's fixable or I just gotta live with it, but...

Let's say I have a quote in the post I'm currently writing.

Before the forums update, I used to be able to easily highlight and ctrl+x and ctrl+v to move it around as need be. Sometimes I'd do this to edit a post so I could repsond to a quote I didn't see when first writing it. Now, I can't easily highlight the quote? Which makes it a PITA to cut and edit easily.

Unless I go into HTML editing mode, although it suddenly occurs to me I don't even know how to do that anymore!