Dewar

Vice.com/Gaming Becomes Waypoint, Employs Danielle Riendeau and Rob Zacny

yup been dipping in and out of the livestream. it's been pretty fun.

That Dungeon World session was just about the best thing ever. Can't wait until the archive/VOD is up to start pointing people at it.

I kept popping in randomly throughout the wekeend, looking for the archive, they've built a really cool thing there. 

The Dungeon World segment was super great. I only watched the start so far, I fell asleep during the broadcast.

I wish they would have taken down the stream occasionally so Twitch divided it up into more edible chunks. I caught about a quarter of it live, and another quarter or so on replay, but I'll have to wait until videos get posted to see the rest.

Edit: Dungeon World and Sherlock Holmes: Consulting Detective were both great.

I was facepalming so hard at the chess the other morning though. First the rook being where the king should have been. Then black going first. YIKES.

1 hour ago, juv3nal said:

I was facepalming so hard at the chess the other morning though. First the rook being where the king should have been. Then black going first. YIKES.

they were playing Chess 2.

51 minutes ago, SgtWhistlebotom said:

they were playing Chess 2.

oh no now I'm exposed as a fake chess geek

I wish the part of the stream with the beastcast crew had been archived somewhere..... :(

On 10/31/2016 at 3:43 PM, Jutranjo said:

The Dungeon World segment was super great. I only watched the start so far, I fell asleep during the broadcast.

The coming on my lawn thing had me in tears!

5 hours ago, gavku said:

I wish the part of the stream with the beastcast crew had been archived somewhere..... :(

Austin said a couple of times that they're archiving everything. I get the impression that Vice doesn't currently have a way to host long-form video like that, but I'm sure it'll be up somewhere.

I'm popping into this thread again! 

1. Yes, everything (including day 1 stuff/Giant bomb stuff) will definitely be up from the 72-hour stream! We are actually in the process of naming everything properly and cutting everything up appropriately.

2. I am hilariously, spectacularly bad at Chess, especially when exhausted. I almost panicked when I was told I had to play that game live at 8am with no sleep! I still think Danika let me win.

They've got the first three hours and change up here:

https://video.vice.com/en_us/video/72-games-in-72-hours-waypoint72-part-1/581d0ae692ffa3446effca57

Not sure if that is everything that exists prior to the stuff archived on twitch, but it contains owlboy and the giant bomb segment.

oh looks like they're going up on youtube as well:

part 1

part 2

Austin put out a good affirmation of the site's mission statement.

I can't help but think of the all the game outlets that were silent when GG rolled around. To be clear, I don't think Game Informer or Kotaku responding would've stopped the conservative creep that seems to be a worldwide phenomenon, but I remember their silence and I'm glad Austin Walker has a platform and power.

Part 16 is up! Austin, Patrick, Danika, and Danielle played Dungeon World with its creator, Adam Koebel.

I've only gotten to the end of character creation, but Danielle really shines. :tup::tup::tup:

That Dungeon World section and the Sherlock Holmes board game were the best two bits of the stream i saw at least. Well worth checking out.

1 hour ago, Dewar said:

That Dungeon World section and the Sherlock Holmes board game were the best two bits of the stream i saw at least. Well worth checking out.

agreed.

I wish so badly that Danielle's Boston(?) accent didn't make me want to claw my eardums out because it's a really funny bit when she does it and I'm loving that Dungeon World segment, but the moment I realized people were going to use different voices I knew it was coming and I dreaded it. It's way too effective at the obnoxious part of the "obnoxious Boston(?) accent" thing for me. 

Struggling to remember the Waypoint URL? Fear not! I've set up a handy redirect:

http://vice.waypoint.austinwalkergames.games/com

If due to some bizarre personal failing you're unable to remember that, I've also provided a shorter alternative:

http://austinwalkergames.games/games.games

What better reason to resurrect a months-dormant thread?