I realize I'm a bit late in hopping on this train, I always get a backlog of episodes to listen to so I hear about these too late to be here on day one. Anyway, hi, I'm mostly a coder but dabble in everything, currently studying game development here in Stockholm. I'd love to either contribute to someone's project or start my own, whichever really. Let me know if you want me! Also, how do I get an invite to the Slack?

E: Badly misjudged how much time I have available, much as I'd love to I can't participate properly.

Edited by Woebin

16 hours ago, Woebin said:

I realize I'm a bit late in hopping on this train, I always get a backlog of episodes to listen to so I hear about these too late to be here on day one. Anyway, hi, I'm mostly a coder but dabble in everything, currently studying game development here in Stockholm. I'd love to either contribute to someone's project or start my own, whichever really. Let me know if you want me! Also, how do I get an invite to the Slack?

Send a personal message with your email address to zerofityone here on the forums and he can hook you up with a slack invite :)

I'm not participating in this one, but I just wanna say everyone's shit looks amazing this year and I can't wait to play it. If any of you need a playtester who doesn't have a controller, I'll gladly try your stuff out.

In case anyone isn't aware, you can change your [dev log] thread to a [release] thread by editing the first post and using Full Editor to edit the title.

So last I looked, there were 54 entries on the itchio, making this the most participated wiz jam yet. Wow, great work everybody, I'm so excited to get playing these.

All the games look great, can't wait to check them out.

Sadly I keep getting timeouts when trying to download games(Downloads from other sites appear to be working fine). Are there just too many people checking out the games?

43 minutes ago, Zirrrus said:

All the games look great, can't wait to check them out.

Sadly I keep getting timeouts when trying to download games(Downloads from other sites appear to be working fine). Are there just too many people checking out the games?

Hmm, weird. I just tried one and it worked fine.

Congrats to everyone who made games for the jam! I'm excited to play them all (including the ones I've done art for!), the few I've played so far have all been Dot Gobbler filled brilliance.

Does anyone know if there's an easy way to download all the games made for a jam through the itch app? I'd expect there to be some 'download all' or 'add all to collection' button somewhere. I ended up just manually adding all the entries to a collection. I think other people should be able to use that list by going to Collections -> Manage Collections and then entering the url below in the address bar, but that just seems weirdly convoluted.

https://itch.io/c/110955/wizard-jam-4

FAO everyone who posted a WIP build (or explicitly said you were planning big updates), please do bump your threads when you update, because I'm generally holding off on playing those ones until then!

I just wanted to say right quick that I am so proud to have been a part of organizing this jam! Over 50 entries!!!

This community constantly, surprises, delights, and inspires me. Joining up with you all over the past few years and working on whatever it is we're building here has been such a good decision for me personally.

Thanks again to everybody who contributed, participated, or just chimed in wherever over the last few weeks!!

Thanks, dear leader! You are a steady and compassionate figure who we knew we could come to for help and with problems. 

Hear hear, thanks elvaq and everyone who helped bring another brillo WizJam to fruition! And I'll echo Arthur in congratulating everyone who made something (even those that didn't get finished) - all interesting, amazing stuff!

Thinking of planning some vacation so I can participate in Wizard Jam 5. Is the general pattern of Mid April going to hold?