Hey Hi! I'm really new to the forum, meaning this is my first post!

I've been listening to Idle Thumbs for ages, and got excited about this Wizard Jam, so I thought I'd put my hand up for audio work!

Here's some stuff I've done, one's a list for game music, and the other is more industrial cinematic stuff!

Hopefully I can be of help to someone:)

Cheers guys, it ended up being a busy weekend, so I haven't reviewed any of the pitches yet, but I'll get back to you soon

@Flay I could use an artist myself tbh people with art skills seem to be in pretty short supply this jam.

Hello!
I have to see if I have time for Wizard Jam, it's tricky!
Just wanted to say how cool this event is!

Sick trailer!

Y'all are doing great work!

Go Idle Forums!

But seriously I have to check if I have enough time for a quick jam (I'm out first and final weekend...).

I just started getting into Unity, and want to use this opportunity to practice. Would be interested in doing a small first person narration game, using this tool called "First Person Exploration Kit".

Will pitch something when I know time.

Really cool trailer <3

Wizard Jam already among us?!

I've got a rad idea for Dance of The Treasure Goblin that I'd like to do something with. I'll see if I can find the time (and dispel the dread) to do it!

JAAAAAAM TIIIIIIIIME

I shall begin making something today. Thread to follow, if it starts looking like something that might be something.

I am being a bit dense here, but how do I join the slack channel? The link in the OP asks for a login and password - I created a slack team in order to have a login on slack (never used it before) but it does not accept this input. Do I need an invite? Thanks!

Hey @elliotpage. Our automated slack invite system is down, but you can send me your e-mail by private message and I'll have an invite sent to you :).

That goes for anyone else wanting to join the slack too. 

On 20/11/2016 at 5:22 AM, elliotpage said:

I am being a bit dense here, but how do I join the slack channel? The link in the OP asks for a login and password - I created a slack team in order to have a login on slack (never used it before) but it does not accept this input. Do I need an invite? Thanks!

I too can't seem to get it to work...  @elvaq might know how to get it to work - I think we need to be invited or have our email addresses added to the list?

15 minutes ago, erika said:

I too can't seem to get it to work...  @elvaq might know how to get it to work - I think we need to be invited or have our email addresses added to the list?

Our automated slack invite system is down, but you can send me your e-mail by private message and I'll have an invite sent to you :).

Hey fellow thumbs!

I know it's a little late; however I've been really tempted to make something this game jam, hearing it being promoted on the podcast sort of piqued my interested in doing one, also I've been dabbling in Gamemaker for the past couple of months and the last few game jams seem to have been really fun.

I've got the beginnings of something going already so I'm quite excited to try and get something done in time.

I'll try and get round to create a dev post later today once I'm back at home with what I've got and what I hope to achieve along with the diversifiers and stuff:lol: Really excited!!

Expect to see something soon! (probably bad though :P)

9 minutes ago, keibo said:

Hey fellow thumbs!

I know it's a little late; however I've been really tempted to make something this game jam, hearing it being promoted on the podcast sort of piqued my interested in doing one, also I've been dabbling in Gamemaker for the past couple of months and the last few game jams seem to have been really fun.

I've got the beginnings of something going already so I'm quite excited to try and get something done in time.

I'll try and get round to create a dev post later today once I'm back at home with what I've got and what I hope to achieve along with the diversifiers and stuff:lol: Really excited!!

Expect to see something soon! (probably bad though :P)

There are people who started halfway through the last one, (possibly even later?) so you're in good company! Looking forward to seeing what you're gonna do. ^^

39 minutes ago, SuperBiasedMan said:

There are people who started halfway through the last one, (possibly even later?) so you're in good company! Looking forward to seeing what you're gonna do. ^^

@Ben Xstarted after the last one finished and still made one, so even more reason to get goin'! :) 

I may end up doing the same again this year, if my internet provider doesn't fuck me over even further!

HI, EVERYONE!

I don't have a lot of experience making games but I'm really interested in design. I am predominantly a visual artist so ideally i'd work with a programmer. 

I don't know how to use Slack. how do I join the Slack team group chat thing?

2 hours ago, Groan_Man said:

HI, EVERYONE!

I don't have a lot of experience making games but I'm really interested in design. I am predominantly a visual artist so ideally i'd work with a programmer. 

I don't know how to use Slack. how do I join the Slack team group chat thing?

You just need to send a PM to zerofiftyone (who is farther up the page) to get a slack invite. Glad to have you on board! Lots of artists needed!

37 minutes ago, Travis said:

You just need to send a PM to zerofiftyone (who is farther up the page) to get a slack invite. Glad to have you on board! Lots of artists needed!

thanks! I'll do that. 

On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 5:32 PM, Lompeboy said:

Hey Hi! I'm really new to the forum, meaning this is my first post!

I've been listening to Idle Thumbs for ages, and got excited about this Wizard Jam, so I thought I'd put my hand up for audio work!

Here's some stuff I've done, one's a list for game music, and the other is more industrial cinematic stuff!

Hopefully I can be of help to someone:)

This is some really nice music! I would like to make use of some of the tracks for my game if that's ok with you (will credit you somewhere on the game itself of course). Really good stuff!!

Here's a link to my project page with progress so far: https://www.idlethumbs.net/forums/topic/11191-dev-log-live-from-the-past/

I'm not ready to add sound just yet but I when I am though I will let you know :D 

Also welcome to the forums I guess :tup:

Edited by keibo
Needed to add more details

Hi, a bit of a latecomer and this is my first game and first Jam but I think my project is small enough to be doable in the time I have:

I Am Suspicious of Myself

This will be a traditional (typing, not clicking) text adventure set in a single location. The story will be short and easy but I hope to insert a lot of responses to imaginative commands and Easter eggs.

In my dev log I have posted a couple of requests for help:

- I need to decide which text adventure parser I should use for ease but also flexibility

- I need to know if I've missed any famous movies that feature false memories or an untrustworthy protagonist.

Thanks!