Wowee I love all the good discussion here and on Slack, it's so inspiring!! I wanna work hard to keep this lovely spirit going and have an excellent...

WIZARD JAM 4

There were some pretty great ideas along the way (except 'Jizard Wam' what the hell was I thinking) but at the end of the day, branding is king. This will make it as easy as possible for newcomers to get into and should help clear up any time or hemisphere issues as well.

The odd-numbered or spring/summer jams will still be squarely focused on podcast titles while even-numbered or fall/winter jams will be a little looser, with no requirement for podcast title. This jam will be more about Diversifiers and people are encouraged to try weird and wacky stuff with ideas/tools/teams/etc.

Actually the main theme of this jam seems to be "finding the heart of Wizard Jam" haha! Future jam-lords for even-numbered or fall/winter jams are encouraged to try stuff with the format of the jam itself but for now I think it's enough to figure out how the two jams relate to each other. Seeing everyone's thoughts and passion is seriously cool and I'm incredibly excited to get this party started three weeks from now!

Celebrating the hot new branding I want to photoshop everything that has a 4 in it.

wizardjam4.jpg

De4r god Travis the 4mount of 4's in your post w4s 4lmost a multiple of 4!

BTW This is my first post on IdleThumbs 4ums! hope to be in the comunity 4 a while. :)

13 hours ago, FutureTuesday said:

The next one has to be called Wizard Jam 1

or Wizard Jam One, both work for different reasons :)

I've never don't a Wizard Jam before and I am excited to give this one a go. Any artists out there looking for a programmer?

2 hours ago, skamakazi said:

or Wizard Jam One, both work for different reasons :)

I've never don't a Wizard Jam before and I am excited to give this one a go. Any artists out there looking for a programmer?

Make sure you check out the WJ4 team builder thread!

Not sure if I have enough time to participate this time, but I woke up with a little game idea and then I saw this, so I guess I'll give it a shot. ^_^

49 minutes ago, Travis said:

Make sure you check out the WJ4 team builder thread!

I have now, thank you

Someone make a game where they hack into the forums and gaslight everyone as to what they had planned for wizjam.

Is there a need for music? I make video game style music for fun and throw it up on a soundcloud. I don't know how itch.io games work but i'd be happy to donate music or even collab with a team to get something ready for the big day.

Roads of Anger was inspired by Streets of Rage. Bossanova was my attempt at an RPG Village. Time Travel Test was a challenge from my friend.  Press Right with Me is my take on a Sonic Style song using a emulated Sega Genesis sound chip. And To the Sun was my first song created on an iphone after finishing "To The Moon".

I got the idea from a friend to go to game jams and provide music but do not have the time to travel to one. Was thinking this could be a cool alternative

There's definitely a need for music! I'm sure you can find a group once more people have posted their game threads.

Same here!

Edit: also, I like your music! It's very atmospheric. Feels haunting and ethereal to me. I'm sure you'll be able to help one of the teams. Thanks for sharing those

On 10/16/2016 at 2:26 PM, elvaq said:

Keynote Speaker - one of the thumbs or hey even someone from the community could livestream a 5-minute talk meant to inspire folks at the start of the jam (could also be pre-recorded and released then)

Did we get any progress on this? I think it sounds like a great idea. I have an alternate or supplementary idea, too!

An audio advertisement to go at the end of the Idle Thumbs podcast in which current and former Wizard Jammers each answer the question, "Why I Wizard Jam" in 10-20 seconds.

I would volunteer to gather the raw audio from the community and put the ad together.

I didn't realize how neat it would be to meet community members until the first time I did Wizard Jam, so I think it would be fun to put voices to some of the names in here.

I'm curious about this buy not ready to commit just yet.

Is there any demand for pure 2D artists with no development experience? I've also got a fair bit of experience with motion graphics, although I'm not sure if that's at all helpful

15 minutes ago, Flay said:

Is there any demand for pure 2D artists with no development experience? I've also got a fair bit of experience with motion graphics, although I'm not sure if that's at all helpful

I put a call out for a 2D artist in the team building thread! Check it out and let me know if you're interested or want to talk about it more. I'm sure others need 2D art too if you don't like my project.

12 hours ago, Flay said:

I really really need 2D artists! Check my post in the Team Building thread heah