Sign in to follow this  
Alyx

Resources for Learning C#

Hey All,

I've been messing around with Unity and C# and have been working my way through the following online courses:

Learn to Code by Making Games - The Complete Unity Developer (Udemy)

C# Fundamentals for Absolute Beginners (Microsoft VIrtual Academy)

They've been super helpful, but I'm looking around for some other resources that focus on teaching C# to programming beginners. I've taken some fundamentals courses in the past so I have a lot of the basics down, but don't really know where to go to take things further. Any suggestions? Like I said, I'm still a beginner, but I'm trying to find a good progression of online courses (free/affordable), books, etc. that will help me become a proficient, and potentially employable, programmer. I know that it'll likely take me a few years to obtain the skills and experiences to qualify for even an entry level programming position (within games or not), but I'm up for the challenge. I just need some help getting there.

NOTE: I'm the kind of learner that likes to use multiple formats. With that said, I'm definitely getting tired of listening to people talk all the time and would LOVE to find a good book that has assignments and the like.

Thanks for any help that ya'll can offer!

Cheers,

Alyx

Hey, so I don't know what you consider beginner, I would at least assume after working through two courses you are certainly working with some pretty effective base knowledge. If your end goal is employability as a programmer, it would probably make sense to look into C++ courses and algorithm courses (abstract computer science). C++ is probably the most arcane yet widely used language (in games too) and the abstract comp sci stuff is the meat of programming interviews. I like C# a lot, but it's design is generally for ease of use to the programmer, and in my experience, C# expertise hasn't been the shiniest thing on a resume. Learning another language and learning abstract CS will echo back and make your C# skills stronger.