Sign in to follow this  
Chris

Idle Weekend September 24, 2016: A Very Idle Weekend

Idle Weekend September 24, 2016:

997__header.jpg

A Very Idle Weekend
It's September, the official wacky fall release season, but that doesn't mean that the weekenders are enjoying the harvest's AAA bounty. No, space-y indies, Destiny and a very special, monstrous art exhibit are on our minds as we embark upon pumpkin spice time. We also managed to talk a little bit about both The Witcher 3 and Farscape. It's a true Idle Weekend!

Destiny, The Order: 1886, event[0], Diaries of a Spaceport janitor, Overwatch, For Honor, Mass Effect, Witcher 3, Bojack Horseman, Farscape, Grim Fandango, Psychonauts, Catch-22, Killjoys, LA County Museum of Art: Guillermo Del Toro: At Home with Monsters

There is a game listed as being discussed called "1866." Is this about the Austro-Prussian War? I looked it up but can't find it. (Haven't listened yet.)

The good doctor may have this one wrong :) unless the Austro-Prussian war involved steam punk Victorian era knights against werewolves that is!  

I recently purchased Destiny "The Collection" which includes the main game and all of the DLC, including Rise of Iron.  Although I have yet to get to the Rise of Iron content, I must say that I am thoroughly enjoying the game.  Is it a grind?  Yes.  Is the story super disjointed and fairly lame?  Yes.  Is the gunplay and gameplay mix buttery smooth and delightful?  Yes.  

I am two years late and absolutely clueless about the game.  When I told my friend I was playing Destiny, her response was, "people still play Destiny?"  But I am really digging it.  This is kind of what happened with me and Diablo 3 -- I picked it up years late (towards the later half of 2015 actually) but by the time I did all of the kinks for the most part had been worked out and the wrinkles had been ironed (pun?) out.  Destiny feels the same; I can see why this game would drive people bonkers.  I can see how early adopters and die hards were left frustrated.  For now though, I am really enjoying my time with it as someone who is late to the party but who has oodles of content to digest.