Sign in to follow this  
Vulpes Absurda

Two cars holding hands on a beach, a loving look shared between them (Forza Horizon 3)

My i7 6700k and 1070 keep a somewhat steady 60fps on dynamic detail set to high, with some dips to 40 in some areas in free roam. Races seem to run better, maybe because there's no traffic? Some crashes to desktop and one time the game locked up for 5s with sound looping. Nothing as bad as the Giant Bomb computer dropping to 20 on a 1080.

Performance issues aside, this game is really good! Arcadey but with an interesting enough driving model and a good selection of courses and cars. And more serious racing games don't often let you drive around in a vomit-colored 70's Corolla or some other piece of shit like that.

For some reason player created blueprints don't appear when starting a race, is that unlocked at a higher festival level or something?

Not even sure what clubs gamertag is Horzma (and MS claims I've used my free change despite me not touching it since setting up a 360). I think Xbox friendships these days are one-way or something, not sure if you adding someone even shows up on their end?

I think Xbox friendships these days are one-way or something, not sure if you adding someone even shows up on their end?

Haha, what the fuck? What is the point of that?

Anyway, I will try to figure out the club invite thing today after work. Hopefully both parties don't have to be online simultaneously in order to send the invite.

Haha, what the fuck? What is the point of that?

Anyway, I will try to figure out the club invite thing today after work. Hopefully both parties don't have to be online simultaneously in order to send the invite.

I think "Add Friend" is more of a follow. I added you yesterday and can see your scores and such.

Oh ok.. I checked the Xbox app this morning and I think it showed zero followers. However, I think I saw your gamertag yesterday in the "Suggested people" section (which is pretty weird in itself). I've never used this system before and find it confusing as hell.

My biggest complaint so far is how perfectly the CPU can hold their car in line while going over all these jumps, while I can barely keep in control. Then I picked the Outback for my first expansion because of framerate issues, without realizing those races would have even more jumps :(

Edit: One crash on PC, but my surround sound headset is only playing in Stereo, which drives me more nuts than i thought it would. My CPU (2 year old i5) definitely maxes out when I'm getting anywhere near the city, which kinda sucks.

The performance in this game is weirdly inconsistent. Like it's fine most of the time but then you'll drive by a tree or something that brings the framerate to it's knees.

Well something is still working on my brain chemicals, because all I can think of at work is playing more Forza, or looking up forum posts about Forza.

Yup! I am moving this weekend and should spend my afternoons preparing, but instead I hurry home from work, do a little packing, a quick walk, and then it's Forza time.

Actually it is not that bad, since I started packing early...

Prettyunsmart and thefncrow, I invited you to the Idle Car Club, but I'm not entirely sure if invites are effective if you haven't unlocked the club thing yet. I also changed the privacy level to Friends can join. We can of course make the club public as well, but before that it would be nice to know that the club won't get filled with random dicks.

I can toss something in the first post about how to get into the club is you like. Also I'm Vulpes Absurda on Xbox if anyone wants to friend me up so my car can ram into yours at 120 MPH.

I played something like 5 hours yesterday, and still haven't unlocked the club stuff. It's so very annoying.

Managed to snag this for $20 when Target messed up their pricing and holy shit I'm glad I did. It's maybe my favorite game of the year so far. I haven't played any of these before, the last racing game I loved was Burnout 3 and man this is scratching those same itches in a slightly different way. All the online stuff (and most of the other features really) are totally baffling to me since I basically missed out on the last two generations of AAA games.

Is there a way to join a thumbs group or populate my friends list with friendly thumbs? 

Xbox live tag is MaikaMonroe

Is there a way to join a thumbs group or populate my friends list with friendly thumbs? 

Xbox live tag is MaikaMonroe

I added you as a friend. Idle Car Club privacy is set to friends can join, so you should be able to get in once you reach the point where clubs are introduced. I'm not sure if that process can be sped up somehow.

People that have listed their gamertags here are:

knappi22

thefncrow

PrettyUnsmart2

Horzma

Vulpes Absurda

MaikaMonroe

dinosaurssssss 

D3war 

I initially bought this game (and Windows 10) because I was told that X Gon' Give It To Ya was on the soundtrack, but the actual great part about the music is that there's a Hospital Records station!

I decided "I don't need FH3! I never beat Storm Island for 2! I'll just play that!"

After a week, Storm Island is finished and I have now caved and bought FH3. I have just finished downloading, will be digging in over the next week or so. Question: Can PC and Xbox play with each other multiplayer? I'd play on PC given that I have this shiny 1070 in my rig, but from what I gather it's more throttled by the processor. My processor is the elder statesman of my PC, still an i5 from 2013, so I'm thinking I'll probably get better/more consistent performance from the xbox. Will I still be able to play against all y'all PC-ers?

Either way, I'm Miffy495 on Live, same as here.

I'm pretty sure that the game has cross platform support. Anyway, I have a similar rig to yours  (GTX 1070 and i5-2500K processor) and I had some stuttering issues until I capped the FPS to 30. After that everything has been fine. They released a patch that is supposed to help with the stuttering issues and Nvidia also updated their drivers recently, so I will check how the game runs at 60 FPS now.

Edit: Nope, still stuttering in the urban areas at high setting. Might try to set it to medium still, but I doubt it will help since the graphics card is not the bottleneck here. 

Also, sorry, I listed a wrong gamertag for a while in my previous post. Should have been knappi22 not knappi.

Yes, PC and XB1 can cross-play, though chat can be weird sometimes.

I've gotten back into Guild Wars 2 in a big way, so I haven't been putting a ton of time into Forza, also Gears of War 4 comes out tomorrow, but I hope to get a few hours in here and there over the next week.

Triple post: I created Idle Car Club. You can join it when you have progressed enough in the game (it will be obvious when). I made it invite only for the moment, because I don't know what happens to open clubs in Forza Horizon games. This can be changed if necessary.

I don't exactly know how to invite people either but add me as a friend (gamertag: knappi22) or give me your username and I will figure it out.

Right I need to sort myself out and stop playing Grid 2 - looking forward to joining the club!

I feel like I've played a lot of this and the club stuff still hasn't opened up :\ anyway, car fashion show has been fun. There're some really dumb (in the good way) paint jobs out there.

Jhld4JH.png

26PeEkV.png

I really like that the one with all the aliens and UFOs on it is called 'NASA'

Nappi just added you as a friend (I am Twmacb) - looking forward to seeing people's race times etc. Also, there might be a few more people who join after that as a bunch of people now own copies of this.

FH3 is even better than FH2, which I find shocking given that I thought FH2 was pretty perfect.

Unlocking the Club section requires you to get a certain amount of the festivals unlocked. From a progression perspective it makes a lot of sense as the game has so much going on that if this was here from the beginning it might be too much.

MaikaMonroe? She is awesome in It Follows!

So, Forza Horizon 3 has been pretty much dead since I joined but that isn't stopping me reviving the Xbox Live thread and this one to mention that I created an Idle Thumbs 'Club' in the new update.

Don't know what that is? I am still not sure myself.

Anyway, you can find the club by updating the dashboard and then going to the community part. If you look for Idle Thumbs, you should find it. I have sent invites to a few people that were on my friends list.

I got big into Recore recently, but should be back for more racing soon. The Horizon series isn't something I play intensely, but rather dip into as a break between other story-focused games. You'll be seeing me soon enough.