Sign in to follow this  
ugly_cat

[dev log] Creature Thing

The short of it: I'm creating a game in a similar vein to Sea Man, but without the voice stuff. The game will progress day by day and each day the creature you're taking care of (right now in the form of a cat) becomes progressively stranger.

Right now I'm focusing on creating the creatures assets (not textured or shaded) and programming the creature's state machine. The first actually playable version should function like a tamagotchi pet. ^_^

Here is the obligatory gif:

post-35142-0-54541500-1472621993.gif

A little aside about the furniture I've modeled:

I'm trying to channel the design aesthetic of pre 80s Italian designers:

This chair is based on the work of Mark Zanuso and the lamp and typewriter are inspired by the work of Ettore Sottsass.

bZpZJXE.png

I haven't bothered to mess with the materials of the objects much because the engine I'm using is going to get a major update in the 3D department in probably half a year.. So, I'm weighing the benefits of learning the current system or just holding out until they implement the new renderer. We'll see!

post-35142-0-18041100-1473045757_thumb.gif

fascinating idea for a game! That typewriter is great, and aiming for a very specific aesthetic will be really valuable.

chair scene would look fantastic with some simple textures and better rendering (cast shadows/less banding/some diffused light) but having to wait 6 months to do significant work seems like it'd be a severe knock to motivation.

good luck either way!