Sign in to follow this  
Henke

Looking for TBS recommendations

On 4/10/2019 at 6:05 PM, Gormongous said:

Yes, but could you have a tactics game like XCOM where you control zero characters? I think that's the more instructive edge between the two terms.

I think so, if there's a game like Auto Chess that gives you more deterministic insight in what the consequences of your positioning or character synergies would be.

On 2019-04-09 at 12:21 AM, Cordeos said:

I can't decide where Totally Accurate Battle Simulator fits in the world of strategy games. Its real time, but you have no control over your units once you hit start. All of your input takes place in terms of unit type and placement. I have gotten far enough in the campaign that its actually challenging not just a lark. Very enjoyable game

I initially just thought it was some kinda youtube-content-creating joke-game, but the more I see of it it does actually appear to have some tactical depth. I wanna play it myself now.

RE:Tactics/Strategy: I really should've called the thread "looking for turn based tactics games", as that's what I'm more into.

On 4/14/2019 at 7:49 AM, Henke said:

I initially just thought it was some kinda youtube-content-creating joke-game, but the more I see of it it does actually appear to have some tactical depth. I wanna play it myself now.

RE:Tactics/Strategy: I really should've called the thread "looking for turn based tactics games", as that's what I'm more into.

There are currently 3 campaigns in the game and I am legit stuck on the hardest one

Darkest Dungeon is fun. I remember when it came out it was big on twitch.tv with thousands of viewers. 

you want multiplayer game? if yes, then the most popular strategy games (and also kind of a father of this genre) is age of empires. not saying its best, but its good and I've alsoplayed 0.A.D - another great strategy :)