1. 1. ?

• yes
    • no

GTozW87.jpg

Delicious Cheeseburger Pizza

Ingredients
  • 1/2 lb. lean ground beef
  • 1 tsp. HEINZ Sweet Relish
  • 1 ea. ready-to-use baked pizza crust (12 inch)
  • 1/2 cup HEINZ Tomato Ketchup
  • 2 tbsp HEINZ Yellow Mustard
  • 1 cup KRAFT Shredded Cheddar & Monterey Jack Cheeses
Instructions
  1. Heat oven to 400°F.
  2. Brown meat in large skillet; drain. Return meat to skillet; stir in relish.
  3. Place pizza crust on baking sheet. Mix ketchup and mustard until blended; spread onto crust. Top with meat mixture and cheese.
  4. Bake 10 min. or until edge of crust is golden brown and cheese is melted.
  5. Serving Suggestion:
    Serve with crisp carrot and celery sticks.
Tip
Fun Idea:

Top with 1 cup finely shredded iceberg lettuce and 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes before serving.
Serving Suggestion:

Serve with crisp carrot and celery sticks.

7sF6NVz.jpg

Family Fun Night Barbecues
Cola brings a sweet and interesting dimension to these quick-to-make barbecue sandwiches.

Ingredients
  • 1 cup Heinz® Tomato Ketchup
  • 1 cup cola
  • 1 tbsp Lea & Perrins® Worcestershire Sauce
  • 1 lb. thinly sliced baked ham
  • 6 sandwich buns, split and toasted
Instructions
  1. In a medium bowl, combine Ketchup, cola, and Worcestershire.
  2. In a sauce pan, bring to a boil and then simmer, uncovered, 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add ham and simmer additional 5-8 minutes.
  3. Serve on sandwich buns.
Tip
May substitute shredded pork for ham.

i'm just fascinated that these recipes even exist

like who would be so sad and pathetic as to use any of them

ekFgvCS.jpg

Honey-Garlic Scallop Kabobs
Ingredients
  • 12 slices bacon
  • 24 tsp. large sea scallops about 2 pounds
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 tsp. pepper
  • 1/2 cup Heinz® Tomato Ketchup
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • 1/4 cup soy sauce
  • 1 tbsp lemon juice
  • 1 1/2 tsp. minced garlic
Instructions
  1. Preheat grill to medium-high and grease lightly.
  2. Cook bacon in a frying pan until beginning to crisp. Blot on paper towels. Pat scallops dry and season with salt and pepper.
  3. Wrap each scallop with a half slice of bacon; thread 2 scallops onto each skewer. Stir Ketchup with honey, soy sauce, lemon juice and garlic. Brush half of the sauce mixture over the scallops.
  4. Grill kabobs for 3 to 5 minutes per side or until cooked through. Baste with remaining sauce during cooking.

I remember this, and also a whole series of Heinz Ketchup commercials where the hook was about how difficult/slow it was to get ketchup out of the bottle. Which, to be fair, is one of the better features of ketchup.

I am still kind of impressed at the gall necessary to put the difficulty in using your product front and center as a selling point.

What I'm surprised at is the recipes that are desserts with ketchup in them.  The rest are kind of expected.

yeah i'm naturally repulsed by anything with ketchup, but i'm not super surprised people would put ketchup in a meat/savory meal

It occurs to me that this is not a normal thing outside of Canada, but if you live here it's a staple of pretty much every picnic/birthday party/barbecue.

North_America_-_Lays_Ketchup.jpg

i mean again that's gross to me but it's not totally shocking or anything - ketchup on a burger is pretty standard

also that sounds like it coudl be good if you scrape off those condiments O:

Ketchup flavored potato chips aren't my fav or anything, but I actually prefer them over fries with actual ketchup on them.

I remember that ad, but had no idea who it was (since he got famous later). He should totally be all "how you doin'" in that last shot.

also, he was dreamy as shit in 1987.

Apparently the first ketchups had nothing at all to do with tomatoes.

Etymologically speaking, the English word ketchup, also spelled “catsup” and a dozen other ways, derives from the Malay (or Indonesian) word kecap (also spelled ketjap), which in turn was based on the Chinese word ke-tsiap. The Asian forerunner of ketchup was a type of fish sauce, which is to say fish (typically anchovies, and often fermented), dissolved in brine. When this sauce made its way to Europe in the 1600s, cooks began experimenting with different ingredients—besides anchovies, mushrooms, walnuts, oysters, and even lemons appeared in various ketchup recipes over the next couple of centuries. Salt was the only invariable ingredient; while some recipes included vinegar, few included sweeteners, and nearly all were quite runny. In the New World, tomatoes were known to be used in ketchup as early as the 1780s, though the first published recipe for tomato ketchup—created by James Mease, a physician and horticulturist from Philadelphia—dates only from 1812.

huh

i imagine that lemon ke-tsiap might not be too shabby with the right dish

Non-tomato ketchups still exist! Although the only one I've actually seen and tried is banana ketchup, which is a Filipino thing. It's OK.