75 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• yes
    • no

in fact you always have to not do that ever

ketchup isn't, never was, and never will be sweet

wtf

Yeah, Ketchup is definitely sweet. Even fancy or "artisanal" ketchups have mucho sugar piled in there.

naw dude ketchup is not sweet it is disgusting it is like drinking vinegar fermented in rat urine it is like dying it is ketchup

everybody stop posting pictures right now

3292989599_4bfec09c24_o.jpg

Ketchup Macarons

30-35 cookies

For the cookies:

The almond mixture:

• 150g powdered almonds
  • 150g powdered sugar
  • 55g egg whites
  • 15g red food coloring

For the meringue:

150g granulated sugar

40g water

55g egg whites

1. Sift together the powdered almonds with powdered sugar. Add the 55g egg whites and food coloring, but do not stir them together.

2. In a saucepan fitted with a candy thermometer, cook the granulated sugar and water to 115C. In the bowl of an electric mixer, begin whipping the whites until they form soft peaks. Once the syrup is 118C, pour the syrup over the remaining 55g egg whites while they’re whipping.

3. Continue to whip the whites until the temperature drops to 50C.

4. Remove the bowl from the mixer and fold in the powdered almond mixture.

5. Using a pastry bag with a plain tip, pipe 3.5cm rounds onto parchment-lined baking sheets. Once piped, let the rounds sit for 30 minutes to develop a crust.

6. Heat the oven the 180C.

7. Bake the macarons for 12 minutes, during which time rapidly open the door twice.

(I’m not certain why he does this step, or exactly when. The instructions said to Laissez cuire 12mn en ouvrant rapidement 2 fois la porte du four, which seemed to me to be right before they’re done.)

8. Remove from oven and let cool. Once cool, remove from baking sheet. Then make the filling.

For the filling:

40g cornichons

6g sheet gelatin

350g Heinz ketchup

4-5 drops hot sauce (I used Sriracha)

1. Rinse and pat the cornichons dry very with a paper towel. Dice cornichons into miniscule cubes (1mm).

2. Soak the gelatin in cold water for 15 minutes.

3. Remove the gelatin and melt it in a saucepan or microwave over lower heat, just until melted. Mix in one-quarter of the ketchup, the add rest. Stir in the cornichons and a few drops of hot sauce, to taste.

4. Pipe filling between two halves of macarons and sandwich them together. Chill for an hour, until the filling is set.

Storage: Macarons should be stored in the refrigerator, where they can sit for up to two days. Remove from refrigerator two hours before serving.

http://www.davidlebovitz.com/ketchup-cookies/

everybody find and kill cordeos right now

How did i not got to the Heinz recipe section right away. Goldmine!

NbRsfPL.jpg

Ingredients

• 1 lb. lean ground beef
  • 1 ea. small onion, chopped
  • 1/4 cup HEINZ Tomato Ketchup
  • 1 tbsp HEINZ Yellow Mustard
  • 1 can (13.8 oz.) refrigerated pizza crust
  • 1 cup KRAFT Shredded Mild Cheddar Cheese
Instructions
  1. Brown meat with onions in large skillet on medium-high heat; drain. Return meat mixture to skillet. Add ketchup and mustard; cook 2 min., stirring frequently. Cool 10 min.
  2. Heat oven to 400°F. Unroll pizza dough onto baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray; press into 15x8-inch rectangle. Top with meat mixture to within 1/2 inch of edges; sprinkle with cheese. Roll up, starting at one long side. Rearrange if necessary so roll is seam side down on baking sheet.
  3. Bake 20 to 25 min. or until golden brown.
  4. Special Extra:

Serve with your favorite burger toppings, such as CLAUSSEN Kosher Dill Burger Slices, shredded iceberg lettuce and/or chopped tomatoes.

When my sister was little, she'd fill a bowl with ketchup and dip plain white bread into the ketchup, suck the ketchup off, and dip the same piece back in again.  It was so gross.  I told this story in my speech at her wedding and we haven't spoken since.