75 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• yes
    • no

Dear lord no, I ate that mac and cheese with hotdogs (with Heinz 57, please, we still had some class) meal all the time as a kid. It's exactly as good as it sounds.

My mother knew dozens of ways to make a box of mac and cheese seem like it's a different meal every night, and like 80% of these combo's included either ketchup or 57, and this included the 'Mexican' variety with a can of chili beans mixed in. 

Ketchup on mac, fuck yeah.

Regarding hot dogs in there, there's a local place (Brooklyn Mac) that makes a variant called the Coney Island, with sauerkraut and mustard in there, too. It's good.

Maybe ketchup on mac is a Canadian thing? I grew up on it, and still will put either ketchup or hot sauce on mac any time I eat it.

Eh, let people put ketchup on mac and cheese. That stuff is already shit tier food, it's not like putting ketchup on it will make it worse.

Canadians put ketchup on Mac and cheese and we have universal health care. Clearly we're doing something right.

Dear lord no, I ate that mac and cheese with hotdogs (with Heinz 57, please, we still had some class) meal all the time as a kid. It's exactly as good as it sounds.

My mother knew dozens of ways to make a box of mac and cheese seem like it's a different meal every night, and like 80% of these combo's included either ketchup or 57, and this included the 'Mexican' variety with a can of chili beans mixed in.

Mother of the year. Mother of all time. MOAT

Canadians put ketchup on Mac and cheese and we have universal health care. Clearly we're doing something right.

Yeah, well the British have universal health care and we also have these abominations:

twizzlers.jpg

No

No

No

... I think we broke him.

Don't bring "turkey" twizzlers into this! If I ever seem them again it'll be too soon!

Yes. It's awful pasta covered with an even more awful plastic "cheese." 

Real bechamel-based mac and cheese is one of the finest calorie implosion heart attacks ever conceived.

Hot sauce on mac makes perfect sense. Ketchup does not.

This looks gross (and probably IS gross, I've never had salad cream) but: mayonnaise on pizza is not as awful as it sounds. It's a common ingredient on delivery pizza in Japan.

(Japanese mayo is a bit different though; I wouldn't put Hellman's on a pizza)

(also it's added before cooking, not after)