Sign in to follow this  
graddy

San Francisco Thumb Recs

Hi all! I'm in SF until Sunday! This is my first time here! Any gamey or otherwise fun stuff I should hit up? We are staying in Outer Sunset. I will be mostly biking and public transitting. Uber is an option too.

Thanks! I am so tired! People should not wake up at 3:15 AM. :( :( :(

Thursday night you should check out the Exploratorium. It's a hands-on science museum that's normally very crowded with kids, but Thursday nights they're adults-only, so it's very crowded with adults instead. But it's fun and there're bars and sometimes special events. This is the third Thursday of the month, which is when they often have extra demos and things, as opposed to just being open normally: http://www.exploratorium.edu/visit/calendar/after-dark/7-28-2016

That tactile dome sounds fascinating, but I wonder if I'd freak out in the dark. Not usually that scared of stuff, by my mind has a way of making up new anxieties from time to time.

As someone who went to Cal at a particular time, it was a thing to get hopped up on mushrooms or acid and hit up the exploratorium. sighs wistfully about the availability and cheapness of acid in ye olden days

Just an FYI, there's a half marathon on Sunday that's going on in Golden Gate Park. Keep that in mind for transit.

Just an FYI, there's a half marathon on Sunday that's going on in Golden Gate Park. Keep that in mind for transit.

Thanks for the heads up, we will stay well away :)

This city is fun. I have been very pleased with how cold it is on the west side of the city. There's my banal observation.

I live right outside of Golden Gate Park and love that my neighborhood is consistently foggier/colder than other parts of the city.