Sign in to follow this  
Marchettus

Guar: Battle For Gate 18

Does anyone on the forum have interest in this game?  It's for the HTC Vive and is a turn based strategy game that uses hexes.  

I'm not too far into it right now but was wondering if anyone else had played or heard of it.  Its battle system is alright so far and it's a single player only game.  So far I haven't found anything in it that would require it to be VR only.  Even a small change in the way the units were moved (a drag and drop with your hands) would really improve it from a VR experience.  One thing that having a headset on is that it makes you focus on the game itself instead of looking at Wiki's or googling things while you’re playing a turn based game.  I'm also less likely to have a snack or drink while thinking what to do on my turn.

I was excited to use my Vive for strategy gaming and this is one of the only strategy games for the platform.  If anyone is interested I'll be streaming it on twitch (My channel is the same as my username here) over the next few weeks.  I'm not a pro streamer but wanted to share a strategy game and I really want to encourage more designers to make VR strategy games.  Please be kind since I’m not a pro streamer by any means just a strategy game enthusiast.  I've been a lurker on this forum for a while and love the 3MA podcast so I thought this community might want to check out a strategy game in VR.

https://www.twitch.tv/marchettus