Jutranjo

German hour on voice chat

There was an idea on Slack that we could do a a German hour in voice chat. We'd all get on the Discord server and try speaking German with each other. Maybe about Videospiele, or whatever.

We could try for this weekend, who is interested and when can you swing it? I can do till around 1 AM Central European Summer time, I can wake up early too.

I think this would be a great way to mix my learning of German with my passion for video games. My German isn't great, but any opportunity to have or even listen to a discussion in German sounds fantastic to me.

Wenn ich Deutsch spreche mit meinde Deutsche Freunde sagen sie immer dass ich wie ein Nazi anhore, nur weil ich so scharf artikuliere.

German is spoken much more softly than you might think from just watching the Daily Show. ;)

Deutsch wird weitaus weicher gesprochen, als man denken würde nur vom Daily Show Sehen.

Ya, german deffo has a bad rep for being harsh sounding. I honestly think that French is much harder to listen to.

So there's an overlap from 11 am PT/8 pm CEST for about 5 hours between the two of us. @theschap , what about you?

Our v's are generally pronounced as f's.The v sound you are used to from English is used in our w's,

Meanwhile, here's a bit of contemporary Deutschrap to feast your studious ears on.

I would love to try this, really need to get back into Duolingo. I'm available around the same time as jennegatron.

No. It's one of our famous compound nouns. Ein Determinativkompositum.

You missed the joke, man, you missed the joke!  :mock: