Sign in to follow this  
jennegatron

Dota 2 - TI 6

God I love MVP. They seem so excited and unpredictable. Reminds me of why I liked Na'Vi.

Yeah I am rooting for MVP and Wings this tournament. Easily the most fun teams to watch right now.

Watching QO's PA dive the base is a thing of beauty.  Even though they won the group, OG looked more beatable than they have in recent months.  They'll have a long road through the lower bracket now.  I know it's too early to say this for sure, but I think the eastern teams are going to crush this TI.

Yeah the big surprise for me is EHOME. I was skeptical when I watched the wild card games and saw iceiceice playing the carry role, I assumed that was a bad sign, but he's been owning. Wings also have a decent shot if they improve their inconsistencies from the group stage.

I have very little faith in Wings.  They seem to do worse the longer a tournament is.  I think there is a reason they perform worse in China and worse when teams have time to prepare for them.  I hope I am wrong though because I think they play a fun brand of dota.  Other than my NA bias teams (EG and DC), Wings is the team I most want to win.

I think I've got a crush on Merlini. He lookin good in that suit.

Panelist suit game has really drastically improved, clearly tailored and everything, although Draskyl fucked things up by wearing sneakers.

Panelist suit game has really drastically improved, clearly tailored and everything, although Draskyl fucked things up by wearing sneakers.

Gabe Newell wore flip flops on stage.

edit:

7wARWJa.jpg

I appreciate rolling up at TI in flip flops way more than the suit and sneakers combo!

That LGD vs. Secret game was insane.

Secret with another disappointing last place at a Valve event. I am sure they are due for their quarterly roster change.

I hate that only Liquid or Navi could get out of that Bo1. It doesn't even feel like a real victory to just win one game.

Yeah Bo1s are rough.  I like it better than the old format where several teams wouldn't even play on the main stage.  So I guess it's a good compromise.  Between outright group stage elimination and having a reasonable tournament schedule.

Today's game are really interesting from the perspective of TI history.  We have 3 former TI champs playing with EG, Newbee, and Alliance.

Yesterday, western teams lost all their series.  We'll see if that trend keeps up today.

Bof1s maybe aren't the best thing from a competitive stand point, but realistically I think the only way to make everything Bo3s is to have less teams in the tournament, which isn't necessarily desirable either. I think in a lot of ways the TI tournament structure might be the "least bad" option.

I really loved yesterday's games, and I'm really into this trend of MVP bringing it day 1 with spectacularly high-tempo, exciting matches vs a Western favorite.

The team I felt bad for was VG.R, they really got screwed with the visa situation. I wouldn't have expected them to go far necessarily anyway, but that still can't feel good knowing you're capable of more, but kind of having your hand forced by bad circumstances (I am especially feeling this after this weekend's Battle Cup when in the semi-finals our captain DC'ed during the final part of the draft and I ended up with a random Pudge -a hero I have never played before, even in a practice lobby- instead of a carry Jugg... that felt rough).

Anyway, EG vs Newbee hype!

I hate Slacks, this puppet thing did nothing to change my mind.

Edit: Visa issues suck. I wish it wasn't so hard to get into this country legally. Maybe less people would try to come in illegally then.