Tanukitsune

[Dev Log]BoopQuest: From Frags to Scritches

I don't know why I waited so long to post about this, but I'm making a game in RPG Maker called BoopQuest about a cute robot that used to be evil, but now just wants to make friends and pet cute animals...

Ch2Z9prWkAAEkGk.jpg

At the beginning there was supposed to be combat, but I didn't like the idea of animals attacking you while for no reason, so you just pet them for a few turns...

There are also "RudeBot", which you must turn nice, but frankly, there is no challenge, you just do cute stuff in front of cute things who do cute thing back at you.

It still has as a menu, even though I'm pretty sure I should remove it, since you don't really need it for anything.

I kinda need people to playtest it a bit and I've seen the thread, but would it be a good idea to just post it if I intend to sell it? 

I still have to fine tune it a bit, make a trailer for Steam Greenlight and.... Oh dear, Jim Sterling is going to see it, isn't he? *panics*

Sounds like a fun idea! I don't think I've ever seen RPG Maker make a game with a style like this; kinda neat!

BoopQuest has been on Steam Greenlight for a few days and every day it's getting less attention... I have no idea how to keep up the momentum! D:

The few comments were decent, the obligatory "MSPaint, downvoted!" one, but the rest were nice and helpful?

You could link to the Greenlight page here? Might get you some yes-votes! :)

I gave you a vote, if nothing else for your different spin on "combat"! 

2 other notable things to me:

How did someone recognize the music in your trailer? Seems wild that someone would know that exact tune...

I have a rhythm game in work (currently on hold indefinitely) called Boopo! 

So many people seems to use Incompetech's free music, once I was aware of it, the tunes I had listened to kept popping up in YouTube videos and such. I'm not surprised it happens to others too.

What did surprised me is that the person that recognized the music didn't know Incompetech?