Sign in to follow this  
cschwartz

[Release] The Classic Alien Form

pMMxbUW.png

Obviously forgot to make a release post :(
Anyway, the The Classic Alien Form has been released to the itch.io game jam here.

I'll add some more stuff here in a few hours..

Dev log thread

This is a cute little roguelike. It's a bit barebones at the mo - needs more audio/visual feedback and structure - but the look function and last-known-position mechanics were satisfying and tense.

I really like your player and alien sprites. I did wander around for a very long time without finding anything though!

Nice work:)

Every time I try to shoot down it tries to save the page I'm on and gets the game stuck.

Yeah, sorry about that. Stupidly, I've only tested it on a mac (where Ctrl+S is not bound to save) and feel tremendously stupid for not thinking about this earlier.

You can use the cursor keys instead of WASD for selecting the direction when moving/looking/shooting, which should (hopefully) be a workaround.

The post-jam version will have some smarter defaults..

I really like your player and alien sprites. I did wander around for a very long time without finding anything though!

Nice work:)

Thanks, can't take credit for those though, they're by Oryx. I'll iterate on scaling level sizes/enemy count for the post-jam version, further the upcoming doors/keycards should give players a bit more to do.

Dev log thread

This is a cute little roguelike. It's a bit barebones at the mo - needs more audio/visual feedback and structure - but the look function and last-known-position mechanics were satisfying and tense.

Sadly, I ran out of time due to real-life issues but I've got some plans for some more structure of the game (as mentioned earlier keycards and doors are definitively coming to the post-jam version as well as some additional collectibles). Especially audio is a further todo and is something that has been lacking in all of my games so far :(

Thanks for the feedback, happy to hear you liked the last-known-position feature, seems it worked as intended :)