Sign in to follow this  
Badfinger

DOOM

Vulkan support was just released for the PC version, has anybody given it a shot? I've seen claims of massive performance boosts across the full spectrum of hardware.

I'm also very nearly finished a nightmare playthrough and my prior positive attitude towards the game holds firm. Doom 4 is really great.

Holy shit guys, I just got this and I LOVE it. I bought a PC way back in the day to play Doom 1 and this game has actually managed to recapture the magic. It's an absolutely stunning accomplishment. The music, the weapons, the speed, the environments, and all modernised and updated without disrupting the experience. I'm just in love. And then the genius touch of letting you take the new enemies and tools into the old levels... amazing.

:tup:

It's a good game. I finished it but had no desire to do a second play through though. Which kinda sucks. It's super enjoyable.

Also the sound track is now available for purchase from itunes/googleplay and is also on Spotify. 

I finished it and really enjoyed it. I have a strong itch for more Doom in my life so I might go back and play this, brutal doom, and snap map campaigns later.

Next time i want to work on getting the achievements you get for weapon mod benefits since I ignored all of those.

Half the late game levels felt really formulaic to me so i hope to see what they come up with next time. I got really bored of some levels just being rehashes of cacodemons into pinkys into mancubus into cyber mancubus into baron demons. Those stages of the game did feel quite hard too until i remembered i had the BFG and powerups.

It felt like a great game but most of Necropolis through to Argent Dnur felt boring from a fights perspective.

I loved the story and environments though The Hell Guards fight ended up feeling fantastic once i figured it out (felt super.unfair before then).

Nice little series of docs on NuDooM, includes some footage of the cancelled DooM 4.