FutureTuesday

[Release] You Gotta Have Spice

5/22/16 Update:

It's an itchio at: https://mmascorro.itch.io/you-gotta-have-spice

Long time reader. First time forum poster. I finally have time to try and participate in a Wizard Jam, so I'm giving a shot at the idea I had last year. Basically a shitty Dune-inspired first person thing.

Lord Emperor Nick Breckon IV has commanded: "You Gotta Have Spice"

Using Unreal Engine 4. First time actually trying to make something with a goal with it.

I have a desert, and spice can be picked up.

I hope to have Sandworms. 

Agree that those dunes look sweet as heck. Just the right shade of orange, too. 

THE SPICE MUST FLOW

Continuous rhythmic walking will attract the worm. Which is just dying and restarting the level, for now.

So the game is basically a walking simulator now. I'll likely really need to tune this part the most.

This was interesting, I felt I had a need to test the worm, force it to come and get me. You made a dang nice orange desert too.

I picked up over 150 spice and started to wonder if the game was trolling me! If not, it feels like it needs an extra mechanic in there somewhere... Nice, crisp visual design, though!

The desert is lovely. How did you generate the landscape?

I waked with rhythm and attracted the worm:/

I really liked the look of this. The orange wastes with the standout poop spice models made for some good vistas. I enjoyed how tempted I was to get eaten by the worm. Twice. Unfortunately I failed my Lord Breckon.

If you want to see the stream of me playing the game, it's here, and all the games are timecoded in the description: