}?pZ'o@8~4$b@!t?

[RELEASE] Idle Thumbs Simulator 2000

We released the project yesterday and you can find it here: https://yournamehere.itch.io/idle-thumbs-2000

All thanks to your name here for pulling this project through and doing a bulk of the work and also for making super classy cover art.

EFO%2B0R.png

old post:

your name here and I are collaborating on a Idle Thumbs Production Sim.

We thinking of a card game deck building mechanic with a score system.

This is a old first post on the team building thread

The "card" would be small podcast clips. You can submit your favorite clip on this form (youtube timestapms make our live easier) HERE.

We share the results with gerblinsinspaces read our lips soundboard . Synergy!

We are plotting along.

please send in some favorite podcast moments for this and the soundboard. Through the form, in this thread or message me on the slack.

your name here is laying the foundation for the game in Unity.

We discussed some UI layout. And we going to try to make it in 3D.

post-34268-0-45442400-1462837388_thumb.png

I'll try to make the 3D meshes. Like this one

post-34268-0-32795100-1462837480.gif

Today your name here did a "I did the markov chain thing" while I did some 3D modelling and animation. I'll guess this will all be flat shadet because I don't think I'm abel to do UVs for all of this. Next task for me is the some polish on the model and importing all of this into Unity.

post-34268-0-58927000-1462920777.gif

Edit: Also the WizardJam Slack is awesome and a great help!

Flat shaded can be beautiful, don't sweat it.

Far more important to have a consistent visual style than stressing over what that specific style happens to be; as long as some random objects aren't textured to clash against the flat shaded stuff it'll look great!

Highscore: 469

Took me a few rounds of frenetic random clicking before I figured out how to actually play it. Initially I though Add referred to the ads they play in the show* and I wondered why it was all ads and no content. Then after that for a few rounds I thought I was just supposed to add as much on the positive value as I could, before I finally realized I'm supposed to match the number on the screen. But yeah, once I'd figured out how to play it I really liked this! And being able to play back the episode afterwards is a nice touch. :)

*gimme a break I'm not a native English speaker

edit: 616!

Oh man! I didn't know you could play back your episode!? 

I really enjoyed this game - podcast segments mashed up together always make me chuckle - and I like the visual style. Great job!

I had quite a lot of fun with this! At first, because there are physics on the tapes and you can drag them around, I thought you had to drag each one into place, so I had a hard time getting past the first podcast segment. When I realised you just have to click on them, however I was able to do a lot better. I think my highest score was about 1,400 listeners! Listening to that Podcast was fun. I'm impressed at the number of podcast clips you've collected!

The mechanic of doing math fast, making numbers with limited resources is genuinely compelling.

A simple but fun idea wrapped in a setting that cleverly offers diegetic rewards, The only problem I had was that sometimes the font on the tapes made the numbers hard to distinguish.

This was great to muck around with! Loved the idea (sort of Countdown-ish, or Letters & Numbers as we call it in Aus) and it got me wanting to try and see how many followers I could get! You can see me enjoying it at my stream from earlier today, 

I wasn't very good at it, but I really liked the concept. :)