jan

[Release] Zombie Train Beyond Earth

I liked this a lot! When you said it was 'very short', I was kind of expecting it to end after the second or third carriage, so I found what the game ended up doing to be quite surprising. I think I mentioned it to you in the Wizard Jam Slack, but I liked the zombie dining car, and the way they turn to look at you as you pass through is suitably unsettling!

I loved this game! So much Blendo Games to it :) The brains on every table, the zombies staring at you, their demeanor and clothes lol, the curtain snapping shut. It's all so good! I'm jealous of your minimalist storytelling aptitude. You make so much out of just a few assets.

Thanks! That's a really nice compliment :).

I liked this a lot! When you said it was 'very short', I was kind of expecting it to end after the second or third carriage, so I found what the game ended up doing to be quite surprising. I think I mentioned it to you in the Wizard Jam Slack, but I liked the zombie dining car, and the way they turn to look at you as you pass through is suitably unsettling!

Thank you. Yeah, the dining car was my initial idea and probably the strongest part, the rest of the game is sort of built around that. I guess for a jam game it's actually not that short, I think I just felt it was because I wanted to put in some more carriages and maybe make the zombies show up again at the end. But now that the jam is over I somehow can't bring myself to continue working on it. ^_^

I posted this in the Slack already but I'm of proud of how it turned out so I'm putting it here as well. I played around with Inkscape the other day and made a poster (inspired by/a rip-off of an old advert for the Orient Express):

post-35846-0-37806100-1464292844_thumb.png

"Out of Order" on a mirror with no reflection is totally brilliant. This whole thing feels like a nightmare in a Charlie Kaufman movie.

Great little vignette, lovely sense of drama and pacing. It feels like an interactive illustration to accompany the episode. Also, lovely poster art!

This was possible my favourite entry in the jam. The dining car was so creepy! And the zombies didnt chase me because they already had a plate of brains, but they were looking at me like such creeps. And when I died, I became a zombie and was at the dining car eating brains like them. Nice touches! The outside sequence was cool too. I want to retry and jump off or go to the second hatch to see if it opens or if I die. Nice work! :)

Nice Blendo of The Last Express and Doctor Who. Also, good work on that art deco poster!

Played this yesterday, good stuff! Very Blendo! My fave bit was when the zombies come at you from both sides and you gotta duck into the room.