SuperBiasedMan

[Dev Log] Dr. Breckon's Similar Sausage Face - A Brain Training Game

This episode title was so evocative it was pretty clear what I needed to do. A Dr. Kawashima like game, about detecting faces generated from sausages and comparing them to real human faces. Technically you're just training the robot's brain, but I'm sure there's no harm in teaching a robot how to make faces.

I'll start tomorrow with some sausage sprites and a basic face generator to show you how (bad) they'll look. I'm going to request some photos of people's faces, but I'll set up proper requirements for that tomorrow too. Til then, please prepare your sausage faces.

Having recently started playing being haunted by Stephen's Sausage Roll, this sounds scary and amazing.

I'm already having fitful, sweaty dreams that feature fat-marbled meat products... shall I double down by providing a face when the time comes?

Calm your irrational fears, you have nothing to fear from the Sausage Face. Doctors recommend a therapy of fave submission and fave training to relax.

Haha love it! Also love how I'm doing the same theme and it's completely different! Your interpretation is waaaay clever btw xD

Hah, I just added Dr. to mine and at all fell into place. :P Are you doing a devlog at some point too? I'd be interested to see your take too.

EDIT Well now I see it's there. :tup:

Edited by SuperBiasedMan

I have been tasked with creating a Dr. Breckon for this game. I have done the geometry, now I need to throw a quick facial rig in there to get it moving.

drbreckon03.png

DrBreckonBlink.gif

Dr. Breckon now has jaw, eyelid, and eye articulation.

Speaking of faces, the face is in the game along with some very badly generated sausage faces! I have a goofy sausage face algorithm that'll learn nothing and just look dumb. It's a bit bland now but I want to add more sausages, more different sausages and tweak the values for more chaos. Here's the gif of the face in with the other faces:

post-34425-0-67359600-1463011718_thumb.gif

Upcoming is better sausage faces and creating a real UI-y layout.

I really need to lighten up the color on those lips, yikes. D: