Jake

Idle Thumbs 260: Charge Guy, Tree Guy, Ice Guy, Bendy Guy

Idle Thumbs 260:

917__header.jpg

Charge Guy, Tree Guy, Ice Guy, Bendy Guy
Our descent into Dark Souls 3 continues, but we started over with a brand new guy. This new guy is less lucky than the old one, but otherwise actually equipped to fight the charge guys, tree guys, ice guys, bendy guys, etc, that he encounters. He's still working on remembering their names. Meanwhile, in an Italian villa, Agent 47 visits a Spirit Halloween Store, tries on some cellophane-wrapped "Charge Guy," "Tree Guy," "Ice Guy," and "Bendy Guy" costumes, and is unimpressed.

Discussed: Hitman (2016), Dark Souls 3, Facebook Messenger, Dark Souls

This episode came out and we immediately started assessing the title's wizard jam potential in the Slack group. The title is pretty strong.

I refuse to believe this title isn't a deliberate attempt to stock the wizard jam fishing pool.

If the goal was to make the most wizard jam friendly title I would have gone with "Guard Barfer"

I'm sad that Snooglebum's not active anymore, because Chris' matter-of-fact "Smoke weed every day" is remix gold.

Yeah there are seven Hitman episodes planned in total:

Morocco

Thailand

America

Japan

Unknown 

I loved the Hitman talk. I feel like this game was made for you guys. I am honestly intimidated by this episode. There is just so much to do.

Also, not sure why Jake suggested the Gamecube jingle for the goofy weed guy in Chris' story, but it gave me a good laugh so thanks!

This was a really good cast. The holy trinity of thumb hosts.

I really think you guys should have an amazon affiliate account or something, as i'm going to buy HItman off the back of the last two episodes, it'll be nice to give you guys a kick. (i'm going to get it digital off PSN, i've looked and there doesn't seem to be a PSN affiliate programme or steam for that mater)

Don't need to shove it down peoples throats, just have the link discreetly in these forum threads, for community members to use when purchasing games or books from amazon. Make sure you guys do reach ep 420!

smoke weed everyday

Yeah, I'm totally going to buy Hitman™ because of you guys talking about it! Wasn't there talk about Steam doing some sort of affiliate/curator/store thing? Is that not how curators work?

Super bummed to see that Steam lists user reviews as "mixed" with an almost 50/50 split of positive and negative reviews, the negatives almost always coming down to "it's online-only"

Yeah there are seven Hitman episodes planned in total:

Morocco

Thailand

America

Japan

Unknown

I loved the Hitman talk. I feel like this game was made for you guys. I am honestly intimidated by this episode. There is just so much to do.

Also, not sure why Jake suggested the Gamecube jingle for the goofy weed guy in Chris' story, but it gave me a good laugh so thanks!

Here you go: https://vine.co/v/eTu9JOJ1AM0

Yeah, I'm totally going to buy Hitman™ because of you guys talking about it! Wasn't there talk about Steam doing some sort of affiliate/curator/store thing? Is that not how curators work?

Super bummed to see that Steam lists user reviews as "mixed" with an almost 50/50 split of positive and negative reviews, the negatives almost always coming down to "it's online-only"

The curator stuff is just a recommendation system, it's not like the Amazon affiliate thing.

The female target in the Paris level will comment if you kill a guard in the private room where she has meetings. I assume that happens more, but it is hard to test.

This was a really good cast. The holy trinity of thumb hosts.

I really think you guys should have an amazon affiliate account or something, as i'm going to buy HItman off the back of the last two episodes, it'll be nice to give you guys a kick. (i'm going to get it digital off PSN, i've looked and there doesn't seem to be a PSN affiliate programme or steam for that mater)

Don't need to shove it down peoples throats, just have the link discreetly in these forum threads, for community members to use when purchasing games or books from amazon. Make sure you guys do reach ep 420!

smoke weed everyday

Good idea, just added these in here. Cheers! 

weed-gif-121.gif

Edited by Nick Breckon
soiler tag

To be fair, there's nothing about the game that necessitates an internet connection. It's a reasonable complaint, especially if you experienced trouble with the servers.

Good idea, just added these in here. Cheers! 

weed-gif-121.gif

What would you say if I told you there was an equippable weed joint item in the Sapienza level?

The Steam reviews for Hitman seem like they've been flooded by "PC Master Race" babies because it's one third complaints about online only, one third complaints about sub-60 framerates and one-third complaints about it being episodic. I'm really excited to try it out because from this podcast it sounds awesome.

This isn't quite relevant but the question about the basketball facebook game made me think of Armed and Dangerous. The assault rifle in that game had a cone of fire that simulated recoil by growing in side the longer you held down the trigger. I figured out pretty quickly that the recoil reset to zero as soon as you let go of the fire button. Since the first bullet was always exactly in the centre of the crosshair, you could fire full auto with the assault rifle just by clicking and releasing fast enough; letting go of the button would reset the recoil, and firing again would always shoot a perfectly accurate bullet. As long as you could click fast enough you could fire the assault rifle with no recoil so you could basically snipe with it.

I guarantee those three thirds are not exclusive to "PC Master Race" babies. There are plenty of people comparing fps between XB1/PS4 versions of games (and 360/PS3 last gen), among other things.

Sure, I don't think those complaints are illegitimate (especially the always online stuff). But the guy who says the game is unplayable because the framerate drops to 40FPS when he looks in a mirror is probably exaggerating how much that ruined his experience.

Yes. I'm just saying it's not even remotely exclusive to PC gaming.

Oh, my bad, I didn't realise the console versions had those problems too.