Sign in to follow this  
Cordeos

Snapchat, because nothing important takes long than 10 seconds

I am strangely fascinated by this app and would love to have more random snap stories in my life. If you have an account and want to be friends, or know any good accounts to follow please post :)

My account is elicizew

Good snap story accounts:

Cakes1toDough1 Cats! 

geeohsnap has fun drawings

GEORGIO.COPTER draws monsters on stuff

pixelpersuasion also draws stuff over photos

Ireneisgood Korean model, posts a lot off food that makes me nostalgic

thealtonbrown food and tour snaps

LACMA an art museum that snaps silly things

NASA Space!

I fucking hate Snapchat. I can't even figure out what the goddamn buttons do. There are ghosts everywhere somehow and some buttons are purple and others are red and what the fuck. And I don't even grasp the basic idea. Why do I want to send a Mission: Impossible this message will self-destruct? How is that convenient? When someone sends me something what if I want to keep looking at it?

I fucking hate Snapchat. I can't even figure out what the goddamn buttons do. There are ghosts everywhere somehow and some buttons are purple and others are red and what the fuck. And I don't even grasp the basic idea. Why do I want to send a Mission: Impossible this message will self-destruct? How is that convenient? When someone sends me something what if I want to keep looking at it?

People are more willing to take a picture if they dont have to make it look perfect because it will be gone quickly. You also can select who you send each picture to, so there is a lot tighter control over who sees what. Purple means there are new stories from people you follow. Red mean someone sent you a snap directly. Blue means they sent you text.

You can take screenshots of snaps, it will inform the sender that you did so. Some snapchatters actually use this to do polls. Screenshot pic 1 for X or pic 2 for Y.

Can you record audio? It asked for permission to access my mic, but I can't figure out how to add audio to my picture.

Edit: nevermind I see that it record videos

Don't see the appeal of Snapchat. I just don't get it.

Maybe I'm just getting old and cranky.

snapchat was the app where i also tried it and realized i had crossed over into the sphere of old people.

i think the appeal of it over vine was that for a while youngins sent nudes over the service because they believed it was deleted after viewing, but the media turned out to still save to your phone, just with .nomedia extension or something.

This seems to eat up data much too quickly for my plan. I tried. I liked making a picture of my oatmeal.

snapchat was the app where i also tried it and realized i had crossed over into the sphere of old people.

I feel the same about it.  It's definitely a moment of, "This wasn't made for me, I'm too old for this."

I feel the same about it.  It's definitely a moment of, "This wasn't made for me, I'm too old for this."

Part of my usage is just interest in new social media mediums. It's fascinating to me. I also have a friend who is studying it specifically for part of her Computer Science PhD. 

The data usage is probably from stories, if you follow people it preloads them. In settings go to additional services and click manage. there is a travel mode that gives you control of what gets loaded.

snapchat is weird, youths are using it for a texting/messenger tool, the story streams replace vines & frequent fb/twitter updates, and frequent photo taking of non-important whatevers.

Someone mentioned it above, it acts more like a light-weight photo app because it doesnt stick around,  you can take a picture of a dumb thing - send it to your friends and goes away - dont need to upload to a service w/title, comment, or hash tags.  You can also download your own photo/drawing - so even if you manage to make/snap something neat doesnt mean it'll be lost to the void

With that i use it to mostly pictures of my kid with the daily face filters, me face swapped with the kid, or cat related.  Or something stupid i find in the world - either captioned or drawn on.

I dont use the story stream, but follow several news/media outlets - including the White House (one of my favorites) - which are pretty neat and nice ways to get 10sec blips on topics, events, etc.