Sign in to follow this  
tberton

Ooooh Myyyy Goddddd Supergiant has a new game and it's called Pyre!

Holy shit those graphics are gorgeous!

I never got into Bastion and gave up on Transistor after a while for some reason. Hopefully, this will be more up my alley.

I saw they trailer a couple days back... I have absolutely no idea what it is??? They're like fighting in an arena? I guess a multiplayer component would be a natural progression for them.

The journey shall be made

The journey shall be . . . . Maaaaade

That doesn't mean anything. Everything is a journey. Here's an alternative version

I'm popping down the shops

I'm popping down the . . . . Shooooops

Side note; I love that this is a spiritual successor to NBA Jam :tup: they should put that on the cover

It's not my favourite Darren Korb song, but I didn't hate it.

Game looks pretty!

Song is pretty!

Looks like Dota Rocket League????????????

I got to play it at PAX!

Once again the art direction is totally gorgeous. I don't know how Jen Zee manages to find all these colors, or maybe it's just the combination that makes it feel like there are a million new colors. Logan returns once again but he sounds absolutely nothing like his previous voices (he's the narrator/announcer character). There's a made up language that the characters speak in, but Greg Kasavin told me that there aren't 1-to-1 words, but it still is a nice touch.

The sports-like gameplay was really tense, and I was terrible at it but I could see how there would be depth to it. The characters move at different speeds according to their size, but you score more points if you use a larger character to get the ball to the goal. When you have the ball you're pretty much helpless except a brief sprint and also some jumps. But when you're running around the field you can eliminate enemies by touching them or sending out a ranged attack with your "aura."

The gameplay is all realtime, but there are cooldown timers for certain things. For example, you can only sprint for a brief period of time. Also, the character you score with is out of commission temporarily, which forces you to use different tactics with the remainin characters.

The coach that you travel in has lots of little interactive things. For example, you can touch the hay, the little animals, the candles etc and they'll animate accordingly. Just a nice little touch that adds some tactility to it. That's also where you'll talk to the characters, and I'm guessing get more back story a la Dragon Age.

There are also dialogue trees that I presume will affect your relationship with the characters. In all the dialogue you can highlight certain proper nouns that tell you what they are, and give you some flavor text. Just from the short demo I could already tell there's a ton of world building going on and it'll be a lot to digest.

You can also level up the characters and skills in a fashion that feels somewhat similar to Mass Effect.

Side little thing, there's some great rumble design too! I talked to Amir Rao a lot about rumble which got him going talking about games with great rumble. Apparently Red Dead Redemption has different rumble for every gun which kind of makes me want to play it again.

That looks absolutely gorgeous but holy moly that gameplay is *NOT* my cup of tea. Sportsball, ugh.

Looks like Dota Rocket League????????????

That reminds me of when League of Legends first came out one of the games people would play in custom lobbies was basically soccer or basketball where you scored by having someone on your team die in the other teams fountain. It was fun.