I'm in mountain time so I'm two hours behind eastern. I could do an hour or two before noon if I have to. But noon is ideal.

I don't get home from work until around 4:30PM, so any time during a weekday that's not in the evening is a no-go.

As long as you record the session I can just watch it to see what everyone else is doing and set myself up. So I'm fine if you all want to do it later in the day.

Oh ok. Is that what we're doing now? All these changes happened when I was sleeping.

Anyway I'm fine to do 5e. I think it's a nice system. 

But with character creation sessions, the times everyone's suggesting fall between 6am-9am on a weekday which is something I can't really do due to other commitments sorry. I would be happy to watch and talk with the others I find on their shared story stuff. Eastern time is 16 hours behind me and PDT is 13 hours behind just fyi.

Or we could brainstorm ideas ITT and come back with summaries after character creation?

I'd forgotten just how far out you were with regard to time zones as well, Moddy.

Doing a character creation group session isn't really a necessity, it was just a thought in order to make sure there was more of a shared backstory between people this time (assuming people even want to make dramatic changes to their characters, which isn't necessary either).

But I fully support brainstorming in here and then I'll be around to privately work with everyone before next week.

I cn do Bard, Warlock, Druid, Paladin, or a variation on Rogue, so I'll work out what class I'll play once everyone else has some idea of what they want to do. Though I will be playing something that does melee and and some magic as well so I won't a pure caster or Rogue.

I already have a low level pally in 5e but I'm still considering rolling a new Pally or a Rogue Or Bard.. heh

I have a dragonborn barbarian that only saw a session or two before the game dropped. It would also be pretty easy to bring him into an adventuring group, as he's basically just wandering the land looking to bring glory to his clan.

So I'm sure everyone is set on 5E and I would really to play some more of it myself, but I'll just toss this out here; Dungeon World is a really great, really easy to learn system, that's stripped back in a way that makes it very easy to just play and not worry about the system. It also has a wiki with most of the content over here: http://www.dungeonworldsrd.com/

I am more then happy to play 5E but if we want a game stripped down to the bare-essentials that one is top notch.

Also it's fun game to just read about.

This post was brought to you by Friends At The Table. A really great tabletop podcast.

I'm more interested in consolidating into 5E than taking on something new, however user friendly. The reason I started on Pathfinder in the first place was because I wanted to move toward the lingua franca of tabletop gaming and I felt I had more resources at my disposal for it than D&D.

Maybe Dungeon World opportunities will open up in the future but for now I want to run this as 5E.

Fair enough. If I ever get my drivers license like I should have by now I might run it myself on Sundays.

Back to D&D, how do we feel about backgrounds? I would prefer to just pick and chose whatever so long as it's it's in line with the custom background rules in the PHB. So two skill proficiencies, and two tools/languages, and then either just pick features and bonds and the like from other backgrounds or make our own.

Edit: And here's what appears to be a pretty solid character sheet builder that exports to PDF if that sounds helpful: http://www.orcpub.com/dungeons-and-dragons/5th-edition/character/generator

Oh and are we using point buy or roll? I lean towards point buy.

I'm definitely thinking of rolling a rogue now. I haven't made a trixy character yet. Bard/rogue might be good to play on the deception angle.

I was thinking I would do a very literal cat burglar and be proficient in Insight, Deception, investigation, some skill off the druid list, and thieves tools. Then when I wildshape i would gain the skill proficiencies of the animal I shape shift into, many of which have stealth and perception. I won't be able to wildshape until level two but I see no reason to let reality get in the way of my character concept.

If that's a bit too much overlap we can work something out.

Well it sounds like you already have a strong concept so feel free to go ahead there. I was thinking conversation bard with some buff aspects while taking a bit from either the assassin style tree or the more trap findey style.

Assuming I'm proficient in thieves tools I can handle traps though having some redundancy wouldn't hurt. Especially if you use our expertise on it but you certainly don't have to. I would also lean a bit towards assassin as the thieves specialty doesn't seem super great, but there may well be uses for it I'm not seeing. The real trick will be deciding how you want to split your levels between Bard and Rogue. I would start as Rogue as you get four skills to be proficient in and the get another one from multiclassing into Bard for seven skills total counting background skills.

I'll have a look later in the week but feel free to plow right ahead with your concept because I can easily shift into a different role.

Looks like WOTC put out all the extra races they made for their Temple Of Elemental Evil as a free PDF along with some free spells if anyone is interested: http://media.wizards.com/2015/downloads/dnd/EE_PlayersCompanion.pdf

And here's a WIP character sheet:

4JJuXLc.png

All of the fluff is still WIP but assuming point buy and custom background it should all be fine by the rules.

Awesome! Also is there any chance we can get an link to the roll 20 session ahead of time so we can set up our character sheets in advanced?