Nick Breckon

Idle Thumbs Streams

I have been very sick since a camping trip this weekend, and spent most of the last 2 days in bed watching the Planet Coaster stream. I would slowly tune out, fall asleep, and wake up to an amazing new horror on the beef chief experience. Watching the Nublar come together got me up and cleaning up. Now I'm almost back to health and there is still more to watch. Thank you for your insane dedication Nick. Can't wait to be in chat for the next one.

I have been very sick since a camping trip this weekend, and spent most of the last 2 days in bed watching the Planet Coaster stream. I would slowly tune out, fall asleep, and wake up to an amazing new horror on the beef chief experience. Watching the Nublar come together got me up and cleaning up. Now I'm almost back to health and there is still more to watch. Thank you for your insane dedication Nick. Can't wait to be in chat for the next one.

Haha, cool. Glad you're feeling better. 

Speaking of which -- I really want to stream more, but my allergies have left me in a gross and grumpy state. :/ Hopefully soon. 

PS. My girlfriend is out of town starting tomorrow, so I will actually probably stream a few times over the end of this week/weekend. 

Is there any place to watch Danielle's old streams? I really enjoyed listening to her talk about her journey through Alien: Isolation, but avoided watching because I knew I was going to play it. Now I'm playing it and I want to lessen the stress by watching Danielle progress besides me. Are those around anywhere anymore?

Man, I really enjoyed Sean streaming some DOTA 2. I miss hearing him on the podcast, so I hope he streams some more in the future!

sean d&d stream sean d&d stream sean d&d stream sean d&d stream sean d&d stream sean d&d stream sean d&d stream sean d&d stream sean d&d stream sean d&d stream sean d&d stream sean d&d stream sean d&d stream sean d&d stream sean d&d stream sean d&d stream sean d&d stream sean d&d stream sean d&d stream sean d&d stream sean d&d stream sean d&d stream 

sean d&d stream sean d&d stream sean d&d stream sean d&d stream sean d&d stream sean d&d stream sean d&d stream sean d&d stream sean d&d stream sean d&d stream sean d&d stream sean d&d stream sean d&d stream sean d&d stream sean d&d stream sean d&d stream sean d&d stream sean d&d stream sean d&d stream sean d&d stream sean d&d stream sean d&d stream 

No pressure, though!

I've never really been interested in Dota 2, but I've thoroughly enjoyed watching Sean play it. I've been kind of surprised how followable and fascinating it is to watch. I hope we get some more.

My body is ready for the upcoming Hitman finale episode in Japan. Chris can critique its authenticity

Are there any plans to x0npsHN.jpg soon?

Edit: The episode came out within 10 minutes of me posting this.  Yeah, a CIVVI multiplayer stream would be awesome.  To address some concerns that were brought up, you can set turn time limits, and all players go simultaneously except when at war.  As far as stream set-up goes... maybe it could be like Sean vs. Olly in DayZ?

Edited by SL128

4 hours ago, thenexus6 said:

Nooooo at the Yoga bit of the latest Hitman stream!!

People at the time had the same reaction but later I went and watched on YouTube what would've happened if Chris had let it play out and honestly it wasn't exactly something I felt bad about missing. I feel like the setup was a good one for something pretty comical, but the route they went with it was about as boring as Chris's solution.

39 minutes ago, TychoCelchuuu said:

People at the time had the same reaction but later I went and watched on YouTube what would've happened if Chris had let it play out and honestly it wasn't exactly something I felt bad about missing. I feel like the setup was a good one for something pretty comical, but the route they went with it was about as boring as Chris's solution.

Gotta get dem mastery points tho

21 hours ago, TychoCelchuuu said:

For me it's more seeing Chris' reaction to what happens because I thought it was pretty goofy when I did that in my game.

Would anybody watch if I streamed some Kerbal Space Program this week?

Side question: is the Dark Souls 3 DLC good? Or should I just move on to Dark Souls? 

3 minutes ago, Nick Breckon said:

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES! 

yes

I've been going through the DS3 DLC -- I'd say on average it's pretty good, but there's a lot of kind of tedious bits wandering through big open areas. Maybe worth coming back to when both DLCs are done and doing them back to back? As a viewer I'd be more interested in seeing you tackle Dark Souls than the DS3 DLC.

4 hours ago, Nick Breckon said:

Side question: is the Dark Souls 3 DLC good? Or should I just move on to Dark Souls? 

1: Yes, we need to get the fuck off the home planet.

2: I think you should hold off 'ending' DS3 until the DLCs are fully out.  Traditionally, DLC content is among the best stuff in Dark Souls, and even if the one that's out isn't great (I have no idea), there will be more, and if you end the game, you'll have to replay a lot of it to have access to the DLC.  That said, I think you should move on to DS1 for now, and save the rest of DS3 for a chunk afterwards.

2 hours ago, Nick Breckon said:

There is still the Nameless King too, can't forget about him (unless I managed to completely miss it?) We've all been waiting for that grudge match and the subsequent tears.

Either way, I think the newest DLC is approximately the length of one solid stream, and I enjoyed it a lot, so it would probably be good to stream now before you mess up all your muscle memory with other slightly different souls games.