Nick Breckon

Idle Thumbs Streams

Chris, I can't believe Blue didn't die of the plague. I don't think you were giving him medicine.

I had two colonist catch the plague at a point when I had absolutely no medicine. I was almost certain that they would die, but both became immune to it before that on bedrest alone. I was surprised that immunity didn't mean that they were still in danger of spreading it to other colonists. 

Helldivers would be interesting. I haven't seen much of it.

Man if that were a possibility I'd start playing again just to mess with Nick.

I haven't been watching the streams or archives due to a lack of free time but I'm intrigued by the idea of Nick attempting a speedrun of any kind.

Chris, I think it would be a good idea to forbid animals from entering prison and medical areas (and maybe even areas outside the compound). That way no Emus can get beaten to death inside a prison door frame, no tortoise can get blown up outside the compound wall and no cat can be locked out with mad boomrats. :D

Anyway, happy the fire didn't burn down too much! Ironically, after I watched the Great Fire of Video Jamestown, just a few hundred meters away from me, a field or barn was burning today. Lots of smoke in the air. The mad running around from the settlers was probably fairly realistic. ;)

Still excited to see the last DS3 stream. It'll be interesting to see how much internalization is left by then.

This was posted in the No Man's Sky thread and might be the reason Chris had performance trouble with the streaming software this weekend:

Edit: I probably should have posted this earlier, but I was having all sorts of problems streaming video and other critical applications on PC hitching and breaking when No Man's Sky was running. I noticed over the weekend that the NMS.exe process is set to Above Normal priority in task manager. While I'm sure they must exist, I've never seen another program set itself to anything but normal by default before. When I switched to Below Normal (In Win10 you can do it from Task Manager > Details Tab > Right Click NMS.exe) the performance of everything else on the PC improved a ton, with a barely noticeable effect on NMS itself. 

It's almost always better to let the OS manage CPU scheduling. Especially with something that's almost certain to be CPU-intensive like a game.

NMS in particular is going to naturally be far more CPU intensive than most other games, since that's its whole shtick - procgen.

It's almost always better to let the OS manage CPU scheduling. Especially with something that's almost certain to be CPU-intensive like a game.

Yeah, i didn't know you could even force a certain process to always launch at anything other than normal. The weird thing is that I barely noticed any difference in playing the game, but everything else on my machine (including vital-ish things like my raid driver and nvidia control panel) stopped coughing and dying.

Ooo, that new stream looks interesting. Do you guys have interest in doing a Contracts stream where you do Steve's contracts and maybe a few from the readers?

Ooo, that new stream looks interesting. Do you guys have interest in doing a Contracts stream where you do Steve's contracts and maybe a few from the readers?

that sounds really cool!

Going to stream some Planet Coaster in a bit. And then maybe, if I've got the energy, I will start Dark Souls. 

Do you still plan on going through Smoldering Lake in DS3 before the finale?

Thank you so much for streaming Planet Coaster! Excellent stream, excellent ride, excellent game!

Do you still plan on going through Smoldering Lake in DS3 before the finale?

Yeah. Not sure when the finale will be at this point, but saving that for a warmup. 

Yeah!  New Hitman level!  Bangkok!  I loved the previous streams with Chris and Nick and I support this request.

heads up for anyone picking up Plant Coaster after watching the streams: you can't actually play till the beta starts in november. It's easy to gloss over that part if you just skim the steam page (like I did).

Oh, good clarification!

Also, if I understood it correctly, the beta access for "early November" is only available if you purchase the Thrillseeker Edition. The actual release is November 17. Can't wait to play this game!