Sign in to follow this  
Ben X

Wizard Jam 2016 Team Building Thread

Use this thread to find teammates and contributors. If you have found a team, please edit your post to reflect that.

If you need to recruit a teammate, please post:

A brief pitch of your game, or a general idea of what you would like to explore. (e.g. ‘I’m going to make the definitive krampus simulator” or “I have nothing particular in mind, but am interested in exploring holiday themed supernatural child punishment”)

What you bring to the team (Art, code, music, etc).

What you need for your team (Pixel art, C# code, 8-bit music, etc).

The best way to contact you. (PM, E-mail, Slack, Twitter, etc.)

Optional: Your timezone, for easier collaboration.

Optional: If you know what engine you're using, that might be handy for folks to know.

If you need a team, or just want to contribute assets, please post:

What you're interested in doing for the jam (art, code, music, etc)

The best way to contact you. (PM, E-mail, Slack, Tinder, Snapchat etc.)

​Optional: Your timezone, for easier collaboration.

Optional: What sort of game you're interested in working on.

Optional: Your experience level and a sample (or a link to a sample) of your work.

​This thread only works if you are willing to reach out and ask someone else to join your team! Before you make your own post, make sure you read the others!

I don't think I'll have time to make my own game this jam, but if anyone needs design/writing doing, give me a holler. (I can also do crappy art - see my previous jam games)

Best way to contact me: PM or Twitter

Time zone: England (either GMT or 1hr off it!)

Experience/samples: I did a game in each of the previous jams and co-designed a couple of indie adventure games

Hey y'all. I work at a game company now but I just do backend, want to learn regular game dev but can't rn. But, if anyone wants to make some kind of multiplayer or game that otherwise involved a networked backend, with any degree of game of matching of business logic at all (leaderboards, server side content, w/e), hmu. I'll even host it. Not usually a jam thing I know, but that's what I'm good at so putting it out there.

What I'm interested in doing for the jam: Making a game!
The best way to contact me: PM, Slack, Twitter (@coffeentacos)
​Time Zone: PST or PDT or whatever it's on right now.
What I want to work on: Looking at doing a top-down shooter
Experience: Played around with RPG Maker back in high school. That's it. I know absolute basic coding, having done some Java what feels like forever ago.

What I need: sfx, music, art

The game will probably be pretty rough as this is my first go, but I want to make it work. Any help on making it (looking more for guidance than anything), art, and music would be awesome!

Got some suggestions on genre to start with in Slack, so I'm leaning heavily towards a top-down shooter, like 1942 and the like. Got a pretty good idea on theme as well. Just gotta figure out how to implement my ideas and get some assets!

Project: In Search Of (Burnout) Paradise (based on this Idle Weekend episode)

It will be a Burnout Paradise prequel, set in a desert.

What I bring: I will do the programming and gamedesign. Here are my credentials: https://henke.itch.io/

What I need:

-3D artist who can whip up a nice car model, maybe a cactus or two, and maybe some sorta shack/gas station?

-Musician who can compose something that sorta sounds like "Paradise City", but not enough like it to land us in copyright jail.

Contact me via PM, or @Henrik_Hermans.

Timezone: Finland, GMT +3

Engine: Unity 5

EDIT: I got two titles on my docket to make assets for, so I'm probably full up for now, but I'll update this post if I clear my plate in time for more.

I would like to do 3d assets for any team that wants them because I want to Become Good at making 3d assets for unity or whatever engine whoever winds up using.  I know my way around zbrush, maya, and substance painter, but actually making assets that are placed in a game is a barrier I have not yet broken.

(Actually I think what I may wind up doing is making a 3d asset wishlist thread for folks to throw their requests into and just crank out as many as I can each evening during the jam)

Contact me: via forum private message, on the slack as @root, or email [email protected]

Timezone: Pacific 

And here's some old half-finished stuff since I nearly never bring anything all the way through to finished -

tower3.jpg

loft1.jpg

dragonhead4.jpg

starfighter_wip1.jpg

I had an idea it might be a bit to meme'y but made a mockup

post-34268-0-47805300-1461162165_thumb.png

the idea is something like a cooking game/ job simulator thing with a dual point system for combos. Using all the youtube archived segment metadata and auto generator for title etc.

post-34268-0-62356500-1461162207_thumb.png

Games discussed would be a recipe for every episode with the goal to compose it out of segments (-> audio cassette + readermail ) gain points. The segments could function like a card deck for strategically build up a combo.

If you release to many episodes with laughing and bird sound you get poop combos but downloads fall of because new listeners get annoyed and vis versa so manage to resources out of critical/good discussion and silly injokey stuff

Maybe have special rounds like guests.

For some reason I thought of a super diegetic UI. sadly I'm technically/graphics design inept  (apparent in the mockup) so... I putt it in the slack and here and hope someone will run with it

What you bring to the team: A (maybe) funny Idea, a mockup

What you need for your team: Gameplay Programming, Audio Editor, funny/silly writing (jokes)

Contact thru: PM, twitter @simbiotiqu 
Timezone: Central European

I would like to contribute music! Not too long ago, I got a nifty little pocket synthesizer that makes chiptunesque sounds, so if you're doing something with a retro aesthetic and want to go the obvious route, that could work. 

a1fjjDk.jpg

I recorded one song the day I got the thing and haven't touched it since, so I'd enjoy having a reason to poke at it more. (I'm complementing it with a sister device that will allow more solo-style lead synths and long pads, so it won't necessarily be restricted to such a heavily loop-based sound.)

The best ways to contact me: PM, Idle Thumbs Readers Slack (name is jd), email: [email protected]

My other talents include pet photography

Mostly ambient stuff for background music, while you walk through a train. But then maybe a more upbeat song for the credits and intro. Picture space... Add train... Then sprinkle in some zombies. Can you make that music?

I might not be able to finish my game, because I'm bad at doing stuff. So for now don't worry about it. I will let you know after a few days into the jam. Thanks!

I'm looking for someone who wants to try and make music with a upbeat, Celtic flavor. I'm fine with you not being Celtic. I'm also fine with you not being a musician. I don't have anything else in mind. I just kinda want to make a game with Celtic-like music. I do want to music to be made specifically for this game and I want it to be made during the jam.

I'm looking for someone who wants to try and make music with a upbeat, Celtic flavor. I'm fine with you not being Celtic. I'm also fine with you not being a musician. I don't have anything else in mind. I just kinda want to make a game with Celtic-like music. I do want to music to be made specifically for this game and I want it to be made during the jam.

Can you link to an example of what you have in mind?

I'm looking for a team to help make World of Blanks!

World of Blanks is a sidescrolling shooter where bullets are incapable of killing people. Being shot by a bullet makes you inconveniently bounce around. The player progresses through levels by shooting enemies and physicsing them our of the way in order to progress. If there's time, I'm planning on implementing a multiplayer mode where two players try to bounce each other out of the arena.

I'm developing in Gamemaker and I need an artist who can work in 2D. I don't have any requirements for an art style so I'd like to join with someone who can help develop a suitably weird (or overly self-serious) theme and character. I also need someone who can contribute audio/music.

If you're interested, message me in Slack. My name there is my name here.

I am looking to join this shindig once again.

I'm interested in doing music and/or audio (my area of expertise), and trying my completely inexperienced hand assisting in writing or design or whatever else anyone needs.
The best way to contact me is on here, or e-mail ([email protected]).
My timezone is British time so like 5 hours ahead of east coast USA, 8 ahead of west.
I'm interested in working on any game, and as many as possible, I have a pretty intense work rate so I can juggle a bunch at once.
I did music on a couple of games last year, I've got a master's degree in Sound and Music for Interactive games, and I've got my composing Soundcloud here, or my regular songwriting one here.

I look forward to working with you.

I'm an artist, mostly 3D environments but may be able to help with other stuff (I won't be much help if you want character rigging/animation though).

Best way to contact me is probably on slack: @brett_e
Timezone: BST(GMT +1)

Sample work

Project: In Search Of (Burnout) Paradise (based on this Idle Weekend episode)

It will be a Burnout Paradise prequel, set in a desert.

What I bring: I will do the programming and gamedesign. Here are my credentials: https://henke.itch.io/

What I need:

-3D artist who can whip up a nice car model, maybe a cactus or two, and maybe some sorta shack/gas station?

-Musician who can compose something that sorta sounds like "Paradise City", but not enough like it to land us in copyright jail.

Contact me via PM, or @Henrik_Hermans.

Timezone: Finland, GMT +3

Engine: Unity 5

This kind of thing? https://soundcloud.com/j-desmond-hartley/in-search-of-burnout-paradise-rough-demo

Can you link to an example of what you have in mind?

Sorry that I haven't responded yet. I don't listen to much celtic music and I thought I could quickly find an example, but I haven't. It's my fault for thinking that celtic music in general sounds like the song that was on in the cafe when I first had this urge to include celtic* music in the game.

I'll keep listening.

I'm looking for a team to help make World of Blanks!

World of Blanks is a sidescrolling shooter where bullets are incapable of killing people. Being shot by a bullet makes you inconveniently bounce around. The player progresses through levels by shooting enemies and physicsing them our of the way in order to progress. If there's time, I'm planning on implementing a multiplayer mode where two players try to bounce each other out of the arena.

I'm developing in Gamemaker and I need an artist who can work in 2D. I don't have any requirements for an art style so I'd like to join with someone who can help develop a suitably weird (or overly self-serious) theme and character. I also need someone who can contribute audio/music.

If you're interested, message me in Slack. My name there is my name here.

Okay, I can't figure out Slack, but I would like to work on this, it sounds fun and interesting.

Updated my post with what I plan on doing. I'm mostly helming my own thing but would like some help with assets for it once I get to that point if anyone can help! I'm thinking pretty basic pixel art and chiptune music.

I'm excited for this. I'll need to finish a few days before the final weekend, so I'm going to do my own thing (most likely "Mad Skills"). But if anyone needs help with voiceover production, that's something I can do pretty quickly. I can also create sound effects of all kinds (ambience, foley, monster voices, etc.).

I'm getinthedamnbox on Slack, Twitter, and everywhere else, so hit me up if you need.