zerofiftyone

WIZARD JAM 2016 // Welcome Thread

Hah, yeah I do the same. Every week when a new episode comes out I look at the title and think about what game could be made from it.

Rigid Body Rat King writes itself.

There's an art style, well, really a gimmick, I had thought of doing for a game. I don't want to say much, but today I discovered my girlfriend owns a crystal puffin and it got me thinking I could marry the style and this jam.

I've been contemplating a game based on "And That's Why Skeletons Fart That Way" since the first Wizard Jam. Might take a crack at it! If not, I can at least help anyone using Construct 2 if they're new to the engine.

I'm excited!

I've been meaning to jump in on one of these jams and learn how to make a game, I'll see if I can make that happen this year.

Hype. But the real question is how many of us are going to make "Rigidbody Rat King"?

I've never made a game before, but the wizard jam sounded like so much fun last year and "The Bear's Black Heart" is such a sweet title. 

Man, I kind of want to make 'Rolling With The Pope', a simulation of Cheese Rolling with various playable West Country characters, one of whom is the Pope.

Waaaa. Rolling with the pope is my main contender at the moment too! Different idea though:P

Waaaa. Rolling with the pope is my main contender at the moment too! Different idea though:P

Oh don't worry, I'm still probably going to go with Dot Gobbler! It was just an idea that amused me. 

There are no rules. There aren't any rules about 1 game per title. Also probably none about reusing titles, Dot Gobbler last year was really well made.

I seem to recall that last year we had 2 Shoot that Pizzas, 2 Cyberpunk Cop Killerand 3 Nineties Cockpit Freakouts. There's probably more I'm not remembering too.

I kind of like seeing the different approaches people have to the same prompt.

I seem to recall slipping you £50 to have first choice on names zero???

Hey y'all. I work at a game company now but I just do backend, want to learn regular game dev but can't rn. But, if anyone wants to make some kind of multiplayer or game that otherwise involved a networked backend, with any degree of game of matching of business logic at all (leaderboards, server side content, w/e), hmu. I'll even host it. Not usually a jam thing I know, but that's what I'm good at so putting it out there.

Looks like it's time to start the team-building thread. I went ahead and made one, hope that's not treading on your toes 051. Let me know if you want it deleted or edited :)

The game development subforum is about 1.5 years old and has a small but active community. Here's a few threads worth checking out.

How to get started:

Pretend I don't know the first thing about making games.

Help Threads:

Unity Questions

Unreal Talk

Twine

Gamemaker

Math

Writing

Programming

Where to fins free game assets:

Primary Thread

Post Your Game for Feedback and Playtesting

Visual Art

There are no rules. There aren't any rules about 1 game per title. Also probably none about reusing titles, Dot Gobbler last year was really well made.

I'd actually forgotten that Atte's amazing collection included a Dot Gobbler! But yeah, what I have in mind is very different, and multiple takes on the same theme aren't discouraged at all. I'm always interested to see how people interpret things differently!