Sign in to follow this  
Kolzig

Julian Gollop's new X-Com style game Phoenix Point

So, news have started to come out a few weeks ago that Julian Gollop, the man behind the original X-Com/Ufo: Enemy Unknown, Laser Squad, Chaos Reborn, Rebelstar and Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars games, is making a new X-Com style strategy game now that Chaos Reborn has finished it's development.

Website is up:

http://www.phoenixpoint.info/

It will be a turn based tactical combat strategy game, with world based strategy.

PHOENIX POINT FEATURES LARGE SCALE MONSTERS

Your soldiers can target specific parts of a monster to achieve different effects. The Crab Queen has a black mist ejecter in its abdomen. If it is disabled the queen will no longer be able to eject mist which summons reinforcements and gives them cover. Shooting out its face will send it into a blind frenzy, rendering it unable to direct attacks or movement.

PHOENIX POINT FEATURES LARGE SCALE MONSTERS

Your soldiers can target specific parts of a monster to achieve different effects. The Crab Queen has a black mist ejecter in its abdomen. If it is disabled the queen will no longer be able to eject mist which summons reinforcements and gives them cover. Shooting out its face will send it into a blind frenzy, rendering it unable to direct attacks or movement.

Giant enemy crabs? Hit the weakpoint for massive damage?

Very excited for a new X-Com-alike. Whether I will like this one or not will be very contingent on how the cover system works as that was my main gripe with the remakes. 

Trying not to get excited when we know so little, but who am I kidding? It is a new Julian Gollop tactics game. Of course I'll be getting this.

A new teaser image has been revealed.

Crabman+%281%29.jpg?format=1000w

The Crabman

An alien mutated organism with human and crab elements combined to make a formidable close combat foe

If Warlock can look as much like Civ V as it does and get away with it, I don't think Gollop has too much to worry about with this game.

Looks pretty good to me.....

So yeah seems I totally forgot to update this thread. Julian Gollop opened a Fig campaign over a month ago for Phoenix Point. It's gathered about 750 000 dollars and is going to get funded in about 7 hours which damn great!

Here's the campaign page:

https://www.fig.co/campaigns/phoenix-point

I love the procedurally created enemy types.