Sign in to follow this  
axemtitanium

Pax East 2016

Anyone coming to Boston for this? I'd love to organize a meetup. With a bunch of Thumbs back on the East Coast (Rob and Danielle, perhaps), I hope we can get a good showing. :) I'll update the thread when the schedule comes out.

I'll be working every day during the show (drop by the Indie Mini Bar and say hi!), but if there's a meet up at night I'd love to grab a drink with folks or something.

I don't have too many plans set in stone yet for PAX, but Friday would work better for me because I want to see VGO at the Saturday Night Concerts

Alright, now I can say that I'll be in booth #9177 this year, showing my new game Gravity Wolf! Come say hi :D

My plans are still kinda up in the air but I could probably meet up Saturday night, maybe at Tamo across the street(ish)? It's pretty close by but usually not too crowded, and generally some fun folks are kicking around. Friday probably also works for me.

Grats on the booth! Maybe we should meet up there on Friday afternoon just before show floor close and see where our plans are at?

I'm definitely down for drinks/food somewhere!

Somewhat relatedly...I've never been to PAX before...does anyone have good recommendations on how to best use my time there?

Heyyy all! I'll be at PAX East this year, and would love to join you folks if there's a meetup. I used to live in Boston, but it was a little while ago, so if folks have thoughts on venue...

(Back when I lived in Chinatown, my bar of choice was the Sweetwater Tavern, which is close to Downtown Crossing on the T. There are probably better/closer places though!)

EDIT: wow. It closed last year. I am the worst.

Somewhat relatedly...I've never been to PAX before...does anyone have good recommendations on how to best use my time there?

I didn't do this at my first PAX a few years ago (not sure if they had it back then), but this looks promising: http://east.paxsite.com/schedule/panel/pax-orientation

RE: Tamo

Sounds good! Here's the map link; it's right across from the convention center: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Tamo+Bar/@42.3462363,-71.0495148,15z/

The general sentiment seems to be Saturday for dinner and/or drinks (sorry kickinthehead, but concerts don't start until 7:30 and hopefully we'll be done by then)? Does Booth #9177 at around 6pm still work?

I've made a GroupMe chat for anyone interested and/or a way to find people if they're running late: https://groupme.com/join_group/21429363/SW9TE7

Advice from all my years going to PAX prime...

1) If you're interested in panels, pick one or maybe two a day to go to. More than that, and you'll be spending a lot of time in line and maybe missing the line for one panel because of the other panel you went to

2) The concerts are incredible experiences that I blow off a lot but then kind of regret after. If you have any interest in music, hit at least one.

3) If possible, bring a small portable hiking chair. The smaller and lighter the better. I bought something similar to this: https://www.rei.com/product/896775/mountain-summit-gear-tripod-stool-camp-chair

4) Pack some cereal bars and a bottle of water

5) Don't bother waiting to play any of the triple A demos. With all the open betas and such, you'll be able to play all that stuff other places.

6) But take as much time as you can afford in the indie area. There's tons of stuff there that you'll never hear about if you don't take time to see it now.