Sign in to follow this  
melmer

Miitomo

post-27841-0-71219100-1459460576_thumb.png

Let's be friends

I guess we have to do it through following each other on Twitter @Mark_Elmer

Or you can post your QR code in here.

nintendo refused to acknowlege toeh existansce of my email address

That's weird, I definitely have you on twitter, Mington, but you're not showing up for me to add you. At any rate, I'm @miffy495, and my QR code is:

FkgETTL.png

I wish they would stop with regional blocking stupidity and release Miitomo globally.

I've been testing the apk, but can't link it to my Nintendo Account because of Nintendo.

At least they should release it in the Nordic countries and I hope they don't localize it in Finnish and try to force it in just that language and no English...

No the QR codes are just for creating that Mii for yourself. Talented Mr Ripley style.

I'm not sure if the Facebook & Twitter search functionality is 100% as Miffy said earlier we can't find each other, I've also had a friend I Facebook I can't find :/

At least you can see friends of friends and find people that way.

I stupidly changed me Mii's voice and now I feel like I have an imposter in my phone speaking to people on my behave, who are you! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH MINI MINGTON

I know rite. Why can't you buy stuff to decorate you room? Seem like a missed opportunity.

And more mini games for fun. Polls.

Once the novelty of the fun voices has warn off there's nothing much else going on.

Well, I've got the Miitomo app sideloaded to my Android so lets see if friends can be added. I'm @Kolzig73 in Twitter.

Can't connect it to my Nintendo Account, but lets see if I can get any fun out of it even if I can't collect platinum points thanks to Nintendo.

Added a bunch of Thumbs via friend of friend things. Pretty much only playing this to get enough platinum coins to get Warioware and Zelda Picross. Without friend input, you can get 10 coin/day. With friends liking and hearting things and making enough posts that you can view 10 of them, 35 coins. Given that each of those two games is 1,000 coins, this could take a while. I hope people maintain interest long enough to get coins all together. A month/game if everyone is involved. I wish there was a way to substitute some of those gold coins as well, it would probably get me to buy more stuff digitally if I could put my digital purchase coins towards these.

about 28 days. I didn't know you could get game for those coins... I wasted them all

Warioware expires in July, and Zelda Picross in October, so there's time to get them if people hold out and comment on each others' things. I'm hoping to build a big enough friends list that I don't have to think about it. At 6 now, with 4 more thumbs that I found through "friend of a friend" awaiting approval. 

I've had a couple of people asking about my name. To be clear, the reason that I'm "Mr. W." instead of "Pete" or "Miffy495" is that I had to change my Nintendo account stuff when I realized that there is a non-zero chance that I will eventually streetpass with my students and that I should probably switch to my teacher name. My last name is too long for their character limit, so initial it is.

It's beyond weird to me that you can sign in and create a Nintendo Account with your Google+ account and you can link it in Nintendo Account settings, but it's not possible to use G+ to search for friends in Miitomo.

Also, hard to find Miitomo friends because it seems it only checks people who are following you, not who you are following. Don't know about that friends of friends thing yet as I couldn't test it yet.

I've been fooling around Miitomo for the last week, and for the most part I'm quite impressed. In general I have very little interest in mobile games; even the best ones with no IAPs struggle to hold my attention simply because whenever I'm in a situation where I might use them I usually find myself reading a book or playing 3DS or reading something on my phone instead. But in many ways this is less like a conventional mobile game and more like a new kind of asymmetrical social media toy. It feels like they want it to be about casual, performative communication between friends/acquaintances without feelings of obligation or awkwardness. There's a gentle incentive to be funny or clever in your answers to the questions, but there are no wrong answers, and you can take it all as seriously as you want.

I've realised that one mechanic it borrows from Nintendo's current stable is the idea of chatting with villagers in Animal Crossing, except that here the comments and letters are things other people have actually written, with a pleasant layer of goofy animation and some (very impressive) text to speech functionality. And the key to enjoying it, I think, is exactly the same as with Animal Crossing: as soon as you feel like you ought to be playing it instead of wanting to play it, put it down and do something else.

The Miifoto functionality is probably the best part, and I'm surprised they've allowed such a massive range of animations and poses to be used free of charge - they could easily have charged coins to unlock that stuff. I like that I haven't once been asked for money, though the option is certainly there, and if you wanted to buy new clothing every day you would almost certainly have to spend something.

I'd like to see more game-like features beyond Miitomo Drop, which is currently a rather depressing hit-and-miss pachinko affair. I suspect they will want to use it as a sort of mobile platform for pushing other games, but at the moment it's nice that I can quietly accumulate loyalty points just by signing in that have some worth in terms of eshop digital discounts.

Adding people is a little strange at the moment. You can't just search for users or add someone by their NNID name. If you connect it to your twitter or facebook, I think you have to be mutual followers before they'll show up in your suggested friends list. And if you want to add a friend face-to-face, the process is really strange: you have to play a little mini-game which involves simultaneously selecting one of four symbols as they appear on screen. You don't actually enter any names because when you hit the symbol, both phones simultaneously phone home to Nintendo and compare their location data to find one another by GPS coordinates. (I know this because it failed the first time when one of our phones didn't have those permissions enabled.) What a weird thing!

Lastly, it's astonishing to see that this is Nintendo-produced software with no blocks on obscene language – a first? I've already seen some astonishingly rude and NSFW things with the #Miifoto tag on twitter, so it'll be interesting to see if they choose to wield the banhammer on that stuff.

I'm @nvader90

Follow me on Twitter and maybe we can miitomo?

Miitomo finally got a proper update that makes the friends adding a lot easier.

We should do some sort of thumbs list or something.

I just hope they add it soon to be available in the Nordic countries so I can connect my Nintendo Account to it. Haven't really used Miitomo in like a week now.

Only took over seven months but Miitomo is finally live in Nordic countries and many other places with todays Miitomo 2.0 update.

Now I can finally uninstall the app since I could sign in with my My Nintendo account and link it.

In the official pages the new countries are nowhere to be seen.

The big new update is real rad, imo. Adds a lot of cool fun stuff. Messenger Miis being my fav addition. :3