Sign in to follow this  
toblix

Tokyo 42

So this was announced yesterday:

I watched this and thought hey, this art style is pretty damn neat, and then I felt a little uncomfortable at what looks like killing a bunch of innocent bystanders. It's obviously a syndicatelike, and I remembered I also found the gleeful massacring of little people in Syndicate a bit offensive (Ugh, now I remembered the Peter Molyneux GDC thing where he laughed as he described how you could set fire to ladies w/prams) and then I remembered that it reminded me of how I felt watching the infamous church scene in Kingsman. So I guess I'm just a wuss when it comes to gleeful massacres. Anyway, this trailer is popping fresh.

I love the look and style of the environment; it looks like it would be a very interesting place in which to not kill people.  :violin:

I really love the look and concept of the world design...but I'm not sure if I am down with the gameplay/controls(?).

What's the term I am looking for? The way you interact with the controlling the player and doing the things the game wants you to do doesn't look that smooth/fun.

Also think WC is onto something, I want to do anything but murder people in that world...

Reminds me of the original Grand Theft Auto in some ways, which I have fond memories of, but I'm not sure I'm in the market for another twin stick shooter.

Mode 7 tweeted it as a cross between Syndicate and GTA 1. It strikes me as:

Monument Valley With Guns

Satellite Reign made me realise I'm not actually super into Syndicate style gameplay, and that game had a lot of interesting systems on top of it.

This looks beautiful but not my cup of tea gameplay-wise. Also I'm definitely over killing innocent bystanders.

Given how many people here (like me) aren't big on the killing part of this. I wonder if the game will have the option of non combat (either inbuilt or through mods).

I've had the same reaction as many of you toward this game. The art style looks really charming and stealthy action puzzles can be real fun but I've just really soured on games where harming civilians is so prevalent. While I never really was into those parts of GTA or similar games, I could at least see where a certain kind of entertaining insanity can rise out of the chaos of those systems but now it just leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth.

I wonder whether it is Hatred that was the final straw here.