Chris

Playscape: Los Angeles - Ashly Burch

Playscape: Los Angeles 1:

18__header.jpg

Ashly Burch

A shining guest for a shiny first episode - Teddy talks with writer, director, and voice actor Ashly Burch about her path to acting, putting passion behind work, and social change through media. On the verge of releasing Hyper Light Drifter, Teddy describes what it’s like to hunger for an audience.

Great first episode, I enjoyed it a lot! I like the goal of a more personal interview podcast so I look forward to the next one. And it doesn't sound like I need to wait long. :P

(also good luck with the HLD release, I'm an eagerly anticipating backer)

This was a good podcast! I'm a big fan of Burch, and I'm excited to hear about more of the LA game scene. The LA game culture is something that's been on the periphery of my awareness for a while (I've heard of glitch city but couldn't tell you much about who else is involved, the Arcane Kids maybe?) so it'll be fun to hear more specifics about it. Plus, hearing a first-hand account of the launch of a high profile kickstarter game should be interesting.

Still listening to this, but Rock-a-doodle-doo!! I remember loving that film as a kid, had so many fond memories of it. This was before the internet was a thing in my life. Years go by and I was trying to remember what the film was called so I looked it up and was horrified to see that this supposed gem of a film was absolutely hated by everyone. My world was shattered. I then watched it again and was gutted by how horrible the movie actually was. Holy cow, what a turd of a movie..

Anyway, young me was naive and loved rock and roll, I guess!

Oh, and excellent podcast! Look forward to more of this! :tup: :tup:

Good cast! A little bit of hopefully constructive feedback: It seemed maybe once or twice you were worried enough about dead air that you jumped back in to fill the space and kind of stepped on what Ashly was saying while she was considering phrasing or nuance. Other than that it was a great interview, and I'm looking forward to playing your game in like an hour!

Great feedback, thank you. n00b mistake 

Good cast! A little bit of hopefully constructive feedback: It seemed maybe once or twice you were worried enough about dead air that you jumped back in to fill the space and kind of stepped on what Ashly was saying while she was considering phrasing or nuance. Other than that it was a great interview, and I'm looking forward to playing your game in like an hour!