Sign in to follow this  
Vader

The Next President

Just found out that there is a case against Trump involving sexual assault. Here is your trigger warning, the article involves rape and pedophilia.

Just found out that there is a case against Trump involving sexual assault. Here is your trigger warning, the article involves rape and pedophilia.

That whole thing is full of all sorts of weird if you go digging on it.  A patent lawyer who's never handled a case like this.  A former Jerry Springer producer who goes by multiple aliases.  An anti-trump activist funding the whole thing.  And all sorts of dead ends and odd stories whenever journalists have tried to research it.  There's a handful of good pieces about it, including at least one that's interviews with the lawyer attempting to negotiate an actual interview with the accuser.  Here's a piece that covers most of the bases

How many hectar does your coffee table take up? How many teamsters do you have in your employ to haul that thing off your 2.4 kilometer living room?

derp, dont write posts while distracted in a measurement system you dont usually use

Hah, I was just wondering if I should post that in the Gaming forum or if it belonged here. It'll be interesting to see if devs drop support of the Oculus and move to the Vive since a lot of those alt-right people are the same ones that harass devs on Twitter.

I wonder how Microsoft are going to respond?

Quite a few 'liberal' havens are super segregated, its so hard to fight this stuff even on a local level.

Chicago leans extremely liberal but is probably one of the most segregated cities in America

I can't drink during the debate tonight because it's likely that I'll get angry.

Same. I wasn't going to watch at all (because, really, what good can come of it?) until a friend invited a bunch of people over to watch together. It seems to scary/depressing to watch at home alone.

I cannot imagine watching a presidential debate for entertainment purposes, and yet I know people do it. 

Working at a financial company, I get bombarded by conservative media all day, but I'm starting to get a sinking feeling that this election is going to be a lot closer than I'd like.

Working at a financial company, I get bombarded by conservative media all day, but I'm starting to get a sinking feeling that this election is going to be a lot closer than I'd like.

[According to Nate Silver, you're probably right.](http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/?ex_cid=rrpromo) We're uncomfortably close to the margin of error. 

I can't believe Hillary was hoarding her phoenix downs all along, ugh.

Well after the pneumonia scare, I can understand why her staff would want to hoard them.

I kid, I'm sorry.

I hope the debates go well and she takes Trump to task, this election seems way too close currently. 

She had some great moments.

He came off like the lying, insane asshole that he is, but anyone who has supported him thus far obviously doesn't consider those qualities to be deal breakers.

So, you know, no real effect.

I saw about a quarter of it just now, then extrapolated the entire ordeal. Donald seemed really uncomfortable on that stage, as if he suddenly felt that he had to be more toned-down and formal now that he was in a public debate - and boy did he not fare well. The buffoon-act works well on his rallies, but it's encouraging to see it falls flat in a more formal venue. It speaks to how he would fail should he become president, since that's all formal venue, no bar room brawls.

I saw about a quarter of it just now, then extrapolated the entire ordeal. Donald seemed really uncomfortable on that stage, as if he suddenly felt that he had to be more toned-down and formal now that he was in a public debate - and boy did he not fare well. The buffoon-act works well on his rallies, but it's encouraging to see it falls flat in a more formal venue. It speaks to how he would fail should he become president, since that's all formal venue, no bar room brawls.

The first twenty minutes were Trump's strongest, although they weren't that strong at all, and by the end he was going off on a number of weird tangents, even congratulating himself for not slandering Clinton more than he has. Surprisingly, considering its status as Murdoch rag, the New York Post has a good summary of the gaffes that'll probably end up sticking with him for the next month or so. I also enjoyed Slate's dissection of Trump's meta-argument about business sense:

The problem with Clinton, in Trump’s view, is that she doesn't see things this way. She doesn't respect the genius of evading taxes and debts. She doesn't have the brains to take Iraqi or Libyan oil. She doesn't grasp how much money we could make by using our military as a protection racket. "We are losing billions and billions of dollars," Trump complained as the debate neared its end. The countries we defend are "not paying us what we need. And she doesn't say that, because she's got no business ability."

Maybe Trump is right. Maybe Clinton can't run a business. Or maybe she has something he lacks: the ability to distinguish between business and government, and between business and theft.

EDIT: I changed my mind, this is the best summation.