Sign in to follow this  
Vader

The Next President

(I see no reason why this can't be a general election thread. It's all so intertwined that splitting it up seems like more effort than it's worth.)

It has already become one and I think that is fine. Its hard to talk about the Donald in a vacuum, even if that is where he belongs. 

(I see no reason why this can't be a general election thread. It's all so intertwined that splitting it up seems like more effort than it's worth.)

:tup: :tup: :tup:

yeah, that's fair.

I wasn't suggesting we talk about Trump in a vacuum, just wanted to avoid this thread becoming a Sanders rally, which it seemed to be turning into for a bit. But I know I'm in the minority, so I'll stop pushing back if people want to take it in that or any other direction.

I continue to maintain that there is a statistically improbable chance that the thread title ends up being accurate, so having a conversation about relevant politicians seems like a useful outlet for the thread.

I continue to maintain that there is a statistically improbable chance that the thread title ends up being accurate, so having a conversation about relevant politicians seems like a useful outlet for the thread.

Right, I think I've been outvoted, so no argument here.

yeah, that's fair.

I wasn't suggesting we talk about Trump in a vacuum, just wanted to avoid this thread becoming a Sanders rally, which it seemed to be turning into for a bit. But I know I'm in the minority, so I'll stop pushing back if people want to take it in that or any other direction.

I mostly just wanted to make a joke about depriving Donald Trump of the ability to make sound waves.

I mostly just wanted to make a joke about depriving Donald Trump of the ability to make sound waves.

^_^  ^_^  ^_^

That's not how voting works!

That's right. First, there's the popular vote for the options we have. Then, a group of people chosen by the options will make the actual votes. That will narrow down the options, and the process repeats.

This thread is now apparently just arguing about the purpose of this thread.

So did anyone hear about the Donald Trump rally that protesters managed to have shut down just by their size and presence?

CdUT0DyWAAAtDpJ.jpg

Oh.

It took me a moment to realize that not only is she a trump supporter... She's also doing the Nazi salute. Wow.

It's not supposition anymore. Trump and his followers are trying to usher in the next era of fascism that could damage the world for decades.

This is a very selfish request, so feel free to completely ignore it, but I don't really like going on these forums as much since this thread started because I know that it's always going to be towards the top and I find the title genuinely upsetting, even as bitter jest.

You don't have to tell me I'm being silly because I already know I am, but regardless it would make me feel a lot better if someone changed the thread title to something a little less frightening.

I really want to repeat that I'm aware this is my own problem and that I'm being unreasonably sensitive and if no one even acknowledges this post that's totally fine. But if it turns out no one really cares what the title of the thread is, it would ease my tension if it were changed to a sentence that didn't make me so incredibly sad.

While Trump's protest was cancelled due to counter protests thousands of people attended a Bernie Rally at a local school, it was a pretty good atmosphere and I took a few pictures. He had the guy who ran against Rahm Emanuel for Mayor of Chicago (and lost) come out and introduce him, which is kind of awesome.

The line to get in was 3/4 of a mile long to get in, it was crazy. 

25417198540_fb1d82078a_b.jpg

25417193850_4672049047_b.jpg

25691868346_d962fa914d_c.jpg

This is a very selfish request, so feel free to completely ignore it, but I don't really like going on these forums as much since this thread started because I know that it's always going to be towards the top and I find the title genuinely upsetting, even as bitter jest.

You don't have to tell me I'm being silly because I already know I am, but regardless it would make me feel a lot better if someone changed the thread title to something a little less frightening.

I really want to repeat that I'm aware this is my own problem and that I'm being unreasonably sensitive and if no one even acknowledges this post that's totally fine. But if it turns out no one really cares what the title of the thread is, it would ease my tension if it were changed to a sentence that didn't make me so incredibly sad.

Yeah, it bums me out too. Can you do this, Vader?

I would be happy to change the title. Only problem: I don't actually know how. Does the OP have the power to change the topic title? If so, how do I do this?

Just edit your original post and go into the full editor

Thanks!