Roderick

Captain August launches

if I wasn't so incredibly bogged down in other projects I would be willing to give you a hand with that... so if you're patient I could give you a hand after I finish this other major project.

Likewisely. It would be fairly easy to convert any of the scripts I have made for my new portfolio site (still not quite running as I have yet to organize my portfolio) for your purposes.

Likewisely. It would be fairly easy to convert any of the scripts I have made for my new portfolio site (still not quite running as I have yet to organize my portfolio) for your purposes.

Wait a minute... You're the fried-egg guy!?

--Erwin

Wait a minute... You're the fried-egg guy!?

--Erwin

As if you didn't know that.... it is credited at the bottom of all my sites...

Edit: The present design isn't that ugly, when I think about it... but the site is kinda barren... and CSSs are completely fucked up... and most of the stuff posted there is not representative of my current artistic prowess...

About PHP. This link is about a book that's apparently good for learning PHP. I'd buy it myself if I didn't have tons of other technical books lying around that I haven't gotten around to reading.

About PHP. This link is about a book that's apparently good for learning PHP. I'd buy it myself if I didn't have tons of other technical books lying around that I haven't gotten around to reading.

Why use books if there's TONS of information to be found on-line? I found phpfreaks and codewalkers.com to be very useful.

--Erwin

Man, that design is, like, whoa.

Man, that design is, like, whoa.

Is that a good 'whoa' or a bad one?

I ask because last year somone didn't like my new haircut. He was like: 'Whoa! Did you fall off the fucking roof, or what!?'

--Erwin

Why use books if there's TONS of information to be found on-line? I found phpfreaks and codewalkers.com to be very useful.

Because books make you smart, stupid. Plus, they make you look smart if other people look in your bookshelf, and if you keep the book in the bookshelf they're looking in and when they ask you can be all casual like it's a piece of cake to you and so you get sex but only if you want and if it's a girl. And you're a boy. And straight.

Because books make you smart, stupid. Plus, they make you look smart if other people look in your bookshelf, and if you keep the book in the bookshelf they're looking in and when they ask you can be all casual like it's a piece of cake to you and so you get sex but only if you want and if it's a girl. And you're a boy. And straight.

You live in an entirely different world than mine, my friend.

--Erwin

Look, gents, the only thing that IS confirmed is that if your internet startpage is www.captainaugust.com, you WILL be more attractive to 98% of all the members of the opposite sex (or the same sex, should you require so).

Why don't you come over and we'll see, hot stuff ;)

Err, what I meant to say was: Captain August is happy. Which makes women happy. Because err... of all the happiness... Yes.

Why don't you come over and we'll see, hot stuff ;)

It was definitely worth it.

But sorry man, your hair is too long. Don't worry: getting a crew cut is easy and fast.

I love the look of his face in the 5th panel! :mock:

BTW, did you put yourself in Comic Alert yet? You are not in the database yet... :erm:

I thought I did, but apparantly not. I have now, so it's in the list in a " pending" state. You can already add it to your feed though! :)

I thought I did, but apparantly not. I have now, so it's in the list in a " pending" state. You can already add it to your feed though! :)

Cool, but now I still have to wait till they "officially" add it by removing the pending status and start sending the updates...

You can expect a whole lot more intricately designed mono- and dialogues in the future, good sir :)

Taken from A Story Concerning Originality:

There is an age-old battle raging in the mind of every artist. He is fueled by the will to create something original, but bound by the contradictory reality of living in a sensory world where his every move is inspired by something that's already made. Disregarding the insoluble and tiring discussion whether true originality exists or not, I'd rather examine the ramifications of the impact of this conundrum on said artist. What happens if he knowingly takes inspiration from a source and uses it in his own work? How does his public react to this? What are his fears about defacing himself in front of being called a copycat?

There may be an interesting rant on Captain August for all the artists here, and everyone in general who has an interest in cute little theses. It's about originality, and it deals with the supposed copying of work in general and my drawing inspiration from Invader Zim for the comic in particular. Tell me what you think.

Taken from A Story Concerning Originality:

There may be an interesting rant on Captain August for all the artists here, and everyone in general who has an interest in cute little theses. It's about originality, and it deals with the supposed copying of work in general and my drawing inspiration from Invader Zim for the comic in particular. Tell me what you think.

Originality in subject matter and inspiration doesn't exist. What sets one artist appart from another is strength of technique.

True in some ways.

Humourously, I actually meant ,,tell me what you think... about the rant" :grin: