I saw that video and was trying to discern what he said and where it is in the show, and I'm relieved that I guessed right:

CkzgJQpVAAAs9vW.jpg

He was actually a guest on mbmbam a couple of years ago, can't remember if it was a donor episode or not, but he's been buddies with them for a while.  Also he constantly gets celebrities to tell griffin "great job!" and posts the videos on the facebook group.

Most recently Lin got scott bakula to congratulate griffin and his wife on their pregnancy. He offered to quantum leap in if things get too rough.

Yeah I'm really excited that he says he's trying to make it more open world. That is to say, more like tabletop RPGs are actually supposed to be, heh. Wonder if he's responding to criticism or just naturally growing as a GM. Either way, I'm looking forward to it. :D

Maybe it's just that this is the first adventure I've been listening to as it comes out, but this season of The Adventure Zone has been pretty damn awesome.

Maybe it's just that this is the first adventure I've been listening to as it comes out, but this season of The Adventure Zone has been pretty damn awesome.

I've really been enjoying it. With every arc of The Adventure Zone getting stronger, I've been wondering if we might see Griffin take a shot at game design/writing. 

This arc has been great. My absolute fave was the train mystery. I hope we get more Angus in the next arc.

I'd like to see him try his hand at another system once they finish The Adventure Zone (if they ever do??). It'd be cool to listen to them goof around in a, I dunno, cyberpunk setting. Or maybe a 1920s occult setting. Or Call of Cthulhu.

There's also the idea of other people running games, which they talked about at one time. (And, I'm led to believe, Travis did run a one-shot? But it's behind a paywall? I dunno how that shit works. I'd probably subscribe just for TAZ extras if I bothered to research.)

Anyway I agree that this arc has been fantastic. Part of the reason I really love it is because it feels more like a tabletop campaign SHOULD feel. He's giving them a lot of freedom, and letting them play around in a sandbox. There are reasonable limitations within the fiction of the world and it's fun. He's still not the best GM, but I like watching him improve. He's certainly light years ahead of me. Not that I've ever GM'd. ):

The plan is that once they finish the Bureau of Balance & the relic reclamation that one of the other boys will take over GMing. Travis's (steampunk lovecraft?) episode is a bonus episode they did for the Max Fun Drive and it is currently under the donor exclusive bonuses.

I've really been enjoying it. With every arc of The Adventure Zone getting stronger, I've been wondering if we might see Griffin take a shot at game design/writing. 

Oh, he does excellent game design at another podcast he does, CoolGames Inc. It's very good. https://soundcloud.com/coolgamesinc

I just thought I'd hop on the bandwagon and say that this adventure has been the best one so far. Although I've got agree with Jennegatron that there's not been enough Angus in this arc. The train one comes a very close second. I just love the idea of Magnus swinging off the end of the train like a wrecking ball and then them hopping off and watching the train dissapear into a portal. Amazing stuff. 

Who's everyone's favourite characters? I'm surprised how much I like Magnus considering Travis tends to make me laugh the least on MBMBAM. I'd say Taako is my overall favourite. I love it when he just sits back and watches the other two fuck everything up. I think Justin would make a good DM, but I'm not sure about Clint and Travis. 

Considering that every time Angus is on he just gets bullied by the players all the time, I'm happy to have him absent.

I have to remind myself that he's not a real character so it's okay to laugh...

That card shuffling bit in the My Brother, My Brother, and Me ASMR special was :tup::tup::tup:

4 hours ago, Nappi said:

That card shuffling bit in the My Brother, My Brother, and Me ASMR special was :tup::tup::tup:

2 hours ago, jennegatron said:

EZEKIEL!!

Justin's bootleg Strangelove accent is my favorite of all his accents, although his "quiet and British" accent gave it a run for its money in the same ep!

I very much enjoyed Stuart Wellington's contribution to the latest live Adventure Zone.

22 hours ago, Nappi said:

I looked like a right madman trying to surpass laughs on the train

So even though I had enjoyed many of the McElroy family products, I started listening to MBMBAM for the first time! I have been aware of it tangentially for years and have no idea why I never picked it up. I've started from the beginning and am enjoying spending so much time with the boys. I listened to Adventure Zone for a long time before dropping off, but listening to them again has made me remember what got me into Adventure Zone in the first place and now I'm really excited to go back and see what I missed. I stopped listening near the end of the Crystal arc. 

The arc after the crystal arc was pretty cool because it involved a lot more talking and a little less fighting.

I wish the latest arc of The Adventure Zone would wrap up already. While on micro-scale there is still some hilarious stuff going on, the overall narrative is repetitive, on-rails, and at times kinda gross and cruel. I hope that Griffin, or whoever is dungeon mastering after this, doesn't feel obliged to ramp up the tension even more for the next run.

Yeah he sorta took the idea of the Zero Escape style games, but then sucked a lot of the fun out of them by removing any NPC interaction.

http://theadventurezone.tumblr.com/post/156408144062/about-the-suffering-game

Griffin talked about this arc some, and I think has some great things to say about the choices he's made on this arc. I'm very interested to see what happens next episode with the

red robe messing with that mannequin pile.

This arc is very Danganronpa. The looping arc dragged for me more than this one does, though honestly.