Sign in to follow this  
Ben X

How to embed YouTube videos on these forums

To embed YouTube videos on these forums, simply paste in the youtube.com url, or paste the youtu.be url but remove the "s" from the "https" at the start.

There is a limit of 2 videos per post (this apparently can be circumnavigated but I don't know if Doug would want the method to be used so I won't post it here).

I don't know about iPhone but if I follow your link with Chrome for Android, it sends me to

which I can then copy and paste then take that last bit off and change the m to www. Bit of a faff, but not too bad. Can you not do that on iPhone?

It seems not to work for people quite regularly (see Mington's attempt above), which is why I started this thread. Am I missing something?

I haven't been able to embed youtube videos that take you to the time-stamp yet. I've been using the media button on the forums.

Ah, the key seemed to be to remove the s from https.  Embedding doesn't like a secure link.

I've also noticed that if you copy and paste the YT link as a link (with the hypertext linking included) rather than plain-text it sometimes won't embed correctly.

crosses fingers:

edit: heck yeah! gonna post videos all over the place now.

The couple eating a bunch of Taco Bell was fun and adorable. I wonder how they would rate beans if they were from a place that serves better ingredients than Taco Bell. I don't like how Taco Bell beans have gristle in them and I don't remember those beans being very good otherwise either.