Sign in to follow this  
syntheticgerbil

Games with Dead Cats in Them

I don't actually remember dead cats in the Bioshocks, is that really a thing?

Are there really a bunch of dead cats in Deus Ex?

There are cats in Deus Ex that can die. I think at one point you come across a dead cat as part of the set dressing for the creepy underground world of the mole people.

The animals in Deus Ex have their own AI, so if a cat and rat are in the same place, the cat will try to kill the rat. But if a greasel (a mutant hopping alien lizard thing) is in the same place as a cat, it will try to kill the cat. I used to use console commands to spawn a bunch of rats, cats, and greasels in the same place and watch them fight it out.

You need to kill a cat 9 times in Fallout 4 before it actually dies.

I'm really glad I never noticed that. 

Are there cats in dishonored?  Dishonored seems like a game that should have cats. 

And thinking about it, now I want the real Bioshock game.  The one where cats and rats, at first pitted against one another as enemies, band together to overthrow humans by giving themselves super powers with plasmids.  Working from the shadows, they sew fear, dissent and paranoia against their human overlords.  Andrew Ryan believed Jack to be a puppet, unable and unwilling to open his eyes and see that he and Fontaine were the real puppets, dancing to the tune of cat utopia. 

They can't be killable, they have to be post death experience. Then if you are a level designer on Bioshock you just throw them in almost every corner of every room.

And thinking about it, now I want the real Bioshock game.  The one where cats and rats, at first pitted against one another as enemies, band together to overthrow humans by giving themselves super powers with plasmids.  Working from the shadows, they sew fear, dissent and paranoia against their human overlords.  Andrew Ryan believed Jack to be a puppet, unable and unwilling to open his eyes and see that he and Fontaine were the real puppets, dancing to the tune of cat utopia. 

I can get with this revenge story.

looool

Several cats can be found in the Minerva's Den downloadable content. These cats are named after famous computer programmers.

Babbage - In Charles Milton Porter's office.
Lovelace - In Felix Birnbaum's office.
Turing - Just before entering the hole in the floor to get to The Thinker.

Please bring this up with Steve the next time he is on the cast.

Every game possibly contains a dead cat before you play it.

Whoever contradicts this joke is a DORK. THIS IS DORK BAIT.

A+.

That's it, this thread just reached its peak. Pack it up everybody, we can all go home now.

I think we're done here.