SuperBiasedMan

wrong thread

We moved house and it's the first place I've really enjoyed living in for half a decade. 

We had an initial bummer with our keys being too long for our locks and there were no connections for our washing machine but both of those things cleared up early into the first week.

I've put in 5 years of tertiary over two degrees and poor management and depression have led to a rough go at a couple of those. I ended up having to pay something like $7,000 out of my partner and I's semi shared subsistence level income and we just finished the last payment and it turns out 2015 was also a great year for me grades wise. So things seem to be taking a big turn for the better as I'll have access to a student loan again as well as a student allowance for the first time (which is a free income (not repaid) based on your parent's earning potential) so I can finally start saving again and repaying my boyfriend. Plus I'm a lot closer to my town's business centre so part time work should be a lot easier to find. 

My novel got accepted and announced by an exciting small press, and now my colleagues are buying me many rounds of beer. This is a very nice happiness because this semester for my PhD I'm taking 3 classes, teaching two, and doing an insane amount of work that it feels I'll never accomplish.

I'm enthusiastic about multiple things nearly everyday. I guess I'll list the ones I am interested in at the moment.

My wife is really interesting. She just got accepted as a beta for a fanfic writer she likes the work of. Also, everyday she has a new story of how she is trying to encourae fairness and capability in her workplace. Also she makes me laugh a lot and likes me.

My cats are fascinating. All of them like me a lot but one of them might eat me if I was the size of a mouse and the other three certainly would eat me in that circumstance.

Rainbow Six: Siege is probably the most fun I've had in multiplayer since Shadowrun (2007)

Trackmania2 is really neat when a server is playing unlicensed music and there is a sense that you and 100 people from all over the world are just chilling out in the same online space.

I ordered a melodica that is supposed to arrive on Friday. I plan to use it at work to become more familiar with chord-progressions.

I had an epiphany today after adding the HSV noise filter to a portion of a landscape intended for a background in a throw-away TyranoBuilder game I started this morning. I immediately wanted to add a static sound of a certain quality and I feel like I had a taste of internalizing Jake Clover's process. I realized that I was developing tone by exploring my tendency to complement intriguing aspects already in the design with other senses. It's hard to explain, but it really does feel like a progressive moment.
I watched a documentary about recent attempts to pass immigration reform in United States of America federal laws. Suddenly a lot of political frustrations make sense to me.

I made a fire and sat in front of it for a while and looked around at the strange collection of items in the room and their particular yet unintended arrangements. That was really cool.

I played Birdland today and enjoyed the first 3/4 of it more than I expected to.

We get to ride a train to New York City on Saturday to go see EXO. I'm frightened by crowds and dense urban areas, but that's part of the adventure.

I've been thinking about this video all day.

I just finished watching a documentary on Joaquín Archivaldo Guzmán and I noticed the plastic chairs. I would never had noticed the plastic chairs if I hadn't watched the above video.

sorry, I merged the right thread into the wrong one

Edited by Jake
merged wrong thread

The other day I was putting away a baking pan and forgot it was still 400 degrees and now I have a big blister.

Edit: wait is this the right thread?

Edited by Chris
wrong thread??

The other day I was putting away a baking pan and forgot it was still 400 degrees and now I have a big blister.

wrong move, wrong thread

My melodica arrived before I headed to work so I get to play it today. The build-quality and bass-range are better than I expected. I think it may be an exact replica of the Suzuki model (the Study32) that I didn't want to wait 1-4 months for. The color of this one is better though.

uhhh guys? wrong thread

edit: SHIT wrong thread!!!

Edited by Twig

They seem to be pretty generous with little caves and pits you can duck into to avoid the crazy death-grid kill-o-bots which come after you to clear the area I thought. Though I'm not done with the game I've rarely been killed after getting caught, though I agree that the stealth is a little cheezily done.

Both Beyond Good and Evil and Armed and Dangerous desparately need sequels so the developers can really deliver polished genuine versions of their original concept. Both those games had so much going for them, but you felt like they only met you half way in the end.

Pillars of Eternity - The White March: Part 2 they really got the hang of it. They started adding cool loot/items in part 1, in part 2 they've already surprised me. There's a crossbow that you can bind to a party member (their soul), to increase the power of the crossbow (it shoots 2 arrows!), you need to either kill 15 things or 3 "strong souls". These are the golden plate NPCs, ie. the dumb fan inserted kickstarter backer stores. They aren't all terrible but half of them have an ever burning fire head.